How to reduce / supress corruption ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to reduce / supress corruption ?

I like to play on HUGE maps and build large empires. My goal is to acheive victory without using military therefore I tend to create as many towns as possible. The problem is that corruption appears to be extremely high even on Democracy with the FP. Any clue on how can corruption be reduced ?

There's all kinds of things you can do in the editor, just have a look around in there.

Comment

In the editor there's a number of settings
      on the difficulty levels tab:
      - a corruption slider
      - percentage of optimal cites
      on the world sizes tab:
      - optimal number of cities
      on the improvements and wonders tab:
      - reduces corruption check box
      on the government tab:
      - corruption and waste radion button

If u don't want to change the rules, u can switch to communism in large empires, because the corruption will then be the same in all cities, independant from where your capital is.

Comment

Else build courthouses. It improves things a little.
        Nym
        "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

Effective use of Palace and Forbidden Palace.
          Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
          Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
          Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

Or even create another version of the Forbidden Palace, or more.

Comment

Many thanks to you all I am going to reduce corruption

Comment

If you were to create a second version of Forbiden Palace, how can you set the number of cities required? Lets say the first Forbiden Palace is buildable once you get 8 cities, then once you reac 16 cities you can build the second Forbiden Palace, then 32 cities and so on. Is there a way to set the city numbers for each one? That way as your empire gets larger you can place FP's strategically around it to keep corruption to a minimun. If I were to do this I would also have to increase corruption to counteract it and to punish me if I didn't plan my expansions to get the most out of FP's.

Just an idea, but is it possible?

Comment

Currently, any Forbidden-Palace-type small wonder is available once you get 50% of the no. of optimal cities (which is 12/14/16/24/32 for the different map sizes). If you want to delay the second FP version, you can attach it to a later tech, e.g. Nationalism.

But let's just wait and see what the editor of v1.29 allows for ...
                  "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

I've heard some people use the editor to make temples, court houses, and/or police stations reduce corruption.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by lockstep
                      Currently, any Forbidden-Palace-type small wonder is available once you get 50% of the no. of optimal cities (which is 12/14/16/24/32 for the different map sizes). If you want to delay the second FP version, you can attach it to a later tech, e.g. Nationalism.

But let's just wait and see what the editor of v1.29 allows for ...
                      Well one thing you can do right now that might add an interesting element to the game is to have a gov-specific version of the FP. So if you build say, a Parliament with Democracy but are forced to switch to Monarchy because of war-weariness, then you would lose all the benefits of it's corruption reducing capabilities. At least until you build the Monarchy version. Republic would have another version.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                        I've heard some people use the editor to make temples, court houses, and/or police stations reduce corruption.
                        Courthouses and Police Stations already reduce corruption. Temples don't at the moment, but it would seem logical that they would. Creating a moral code within the population and that sort of thing.

It also seems logical that they would reduce War Weariness. In WWII, the Church of England played a very important role in keeping up the morale of the British people during the Blitz.

Comment

Working...
                        X