Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LEADERHEAD: Dwight Eisenhower (animated & era specific)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WEBSPACE FOR THE TAKING

Guys Guys Guys, Webspace for the taking, Find an 'advertsiting' website like angelfire at lycos or 27meg.com , make a simple html that shows your pictures, Nothing fancy, but keeps the site moderators happy, and link the pictures to your "actual" website via the address . Most sites offer 10Mg some 20Mg, I've heard of a 45Mg site, but cannot find my original links to that one.

Each site has its way of advertising on the local html, but not on other html.

Find enough sites and you'll have as much space as you need.
    EFR RPG GAME Designer, E.F.R. Forums The Coyn: Fantasy Mod for Civ3:Conquests

Comment

I have 100MB so I'm set. Angelfire is still around? That's how I started back in '94. They had a simple sheet for signing up to chose what colors you wanted and what links, but to edit it you were forced to learn HTML. Brilliant. They should still do that, instead of that stupid easy editor they came out with a few years back.

Comment

Re: WEBSPACE FOR THE TAKING

Originally posted by Bane Star
        Guys Guys Guys, Webspace for the taking, Find an 'advertsiting' website like angelfire at lycos or 27meg.com , make a simple html that shows your pictures, Nothing fancy, but keeps the site moderators happy, and link the pictures to your "actual" website via the address . Most sites offer 10Mg some 20Mg, I've heard of a 45Mg site, but cannot find my original links to that one.

Each site has its way of advertising on the local html, but not on other html.

Find enough sites and you'll have as much space as you need.
        Unfortunately, a zip file of one my complete leaderhead sets with all 8 .flc's, pcx's, and diplomacy dialogue is sized 19-26 Mb. So, I would only be able to upload one at any given time . Also, most of those sites have a maximum single file upload size smaller than that of CivFanatics.

But that's okay cuz I'm willing to pay $5-9 a month for a little over 5 Gigabytes of upload space.
        Last edited by GhengisFarb™; July 13, 2002, 19:16.

Comment

miccofl, actually I think you've got the two of us mixed up. Ghengis is the one that's just learning HTML, and I'm the one who is the webmaster making the Guerilla Tactics mod. I've been using HTML for 8 years.
          Ooooopps! Although it really doesn’t matter, facetious (thanks spell check) just doesn’t come through in the printed form. I viewed all our sites and none of them suck! (HTML skills notwithstanding – I use Dreamweaver shhhhhhh!)
          And Ghengis, could you do anything about that domestic advisor? It would be cool to see an overhang while she offers to… Never mind there might be kiddies here. Glad you're back up sween32, I'm going to try out your units in my next game, and the offer still stands - no ads, unless you want one.

Comment

I already don't have ads on my site. The ones I do, I put there myself to make money. I use the Value Premium package at Freeservers.com.

How's Ike working out for you? Any problems?

Comment

Ike is working great so far, ancient – industrial. I will probably enter modern times tonight or tomorrow night. Unfortunately given my playing style I don’t look to see the other leaders wearing “I like Ike” buttons to the victory screen.

Comment

That's just the way Ike would want it

Comment

Modern times now… Working well (but tacky khaki?) It’s going to be a few days before I see the victory screen, I only allowed for a conquest win. If you would like a screen shot let me know.

Comment

a screen shot of the victory screen would be great! i'm sure i could use it. so, there's no transparency problems for the happy diplomacy images?

the happy modern age ike is the original painting that i based him around, so he's wearing the khaki because he did. i believe that painting was made when he was a general, though. but i think that's for the better, because he would probably stay one forever if he could. thus, thru the other era's he's more of a soldier then a great leader of a civilization.
                    Last edited by sween32; July 15, 2002, 20:27.

Comment

happy diplomacy images?
                      I'm not sure what you mean. I doubt that I will finish the game tonight. Recent screenshot here: http://www.miccofl.net/Civ3/Ikeplus5.htm

Comment

The picture you see on your diplomacy screen is Ike when he's happy, because you are playing as him. If you were playing against him and were at war, it would show him mad.

Thanks for the screenshot! I'll edit it and put it on the website!

Comment

Ike won! Like there was ever any doubt. Here's the victory screenshot: http://www.miccofl.net/Civ3/IKEwin.htm Ike's a keeper, thanks.

Comment

Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
                            X