Star Wars Scenario Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars Scenario Project

This is the thread for the Star Wars Scenario Project. If you want to join, just post in here.

Members:
    skywalker (me)

I've been thinking for a long time about how to do a Star Wars scenario for Civ3. I've come up with some, IMNSHO, pretty innovative ideas. I know, however, that I cannot do the entire thing alone. The scenario I've envisioned is big, repeat BIG. Here is my list of ideas:

You will only be able to be the New Republic. I can't model my idea of it in a way that lets you be anyone.

I'm going to use the maps from the New Jedi Order books and put every planet on there in a 256x256 map.

I'm going to simulate hyperspace by having three "space" (water) terrains - solar space, deep space, and hyperspace. People will only have the tech for their culture borders to be in solar space, and the culture ratio is going to be one, so if you conquer the only planet in a system, you control the system. All starships will have 100 move, and hyperspace will take 1 move, deep space 100, and solar space 25. All solar space will have "roads" (if they work for water) so if you control a series of systems, you will be able to make several "hyperspace jumps" in a turn.

The scenario will start right after the Battle of Endor, and if you respond to the Ssi-Ruuvi threat then you'll gain a Carrack Cruiser and a TIE Fighter. The next objective will be Borleias and then Coruscant.

Whenever you capture a major Imperial system, you'll get Star Destroyers etc., as it will take a lot of resources to conquer a system.

No settlers or workers will be in the game. Building stuff other than ships and troops will NOT be a priority.

There will be all 32 possible races in the game. Outside of the galaxy, in a little corner of the map, will be unreachable planets with a city that is the capitol of each country, except the Empire, Humans, and New Republic, and Aliens (meaning generic aliens). The New Republic will have to constantly appease their member races, or they will declare war on it and all of the, say, Bothans will go into resistance, and events will change the culture in the Bothan planets so that they might "secede". This will represent the infighting.

This is connected to the previous: resources will be untradeable, not even within your nation. Each planet will have a resource on it representing the species that inhabits it. This will mostly be useful for infantry. Stormtroopers can only be built on Human worlds, so the Empire will have to transport garrisons to its alien possessions. The New Republic, however, would build Wookies on Kashyyk, Sullustan Troopers on Sullust, and New Republic Infantry (for lack of a better name) on Coruscant. Bothans would only be able to build Bothan Troopers, so even if they seceded and conquered, say, Mon Calamari, they wouldn't be able to build Mon Calamari Troopers.

There will not be ANY Death Stars in this game. It is not possible too realistically simulate them, and it wouldn't be good anyway.

Only hyperdrive-equipped starfighters will be able to rebase. As fighters are small, they can easily slip through blockades. Also, the YT-1300, the Millenium Falcon (hero unit), the Lambda Shuttle, and the Corellian Corvette can rebase, being small.

Snowspeeders will be able to do Air Superiority, but they'll have a range of zero, so they'll only protect against fighter attacks on the planet.

Ground based Ion Cannon will have a high bomard, but won't be able to destroy ships. Ground based Turbolasers will have a lower bombard, but will be able to destroy ships.

Only Star Destroyers will be able to bombard planets.

The New Republic will be able to build the Victory Star Destroyer.

That's all I can remember of for now.

so this is a space-based mod, with no land units? Wot - no Stormtroopers?

btw - there is currently a land-based Star Wars mod in progress. You might want to combine your efforts.

Star Wars - A New Mod
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

No. This is NOT a mod. This is a SCENARIO. There are planets, and land units attack from starships to conquer them.

Comment

I'm moving this to CF.

EDIT: I'll move it later. Their forum is down now.

Comment

Working...
        X