Wltkd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wltkd

Here is the situation, I am playing the chinese against the japanese, zululand and the indians. Me and the japanese are on the same continent and have been fighting on and off in the last couple centuries (currently early 1800s). I was forced to change governments since my citizens were unsatisfied with me being at war almost constantly.

In this last offensive I took like 6 or 7 enemy cities including their capital. Now my question how the heck can they still be celebrating WLTKD. Note please, I have Women's Suffrage and a PS in most of my bigger cities and I still could not keep my people happy!

As you guessed it my question is how in earth's name can they still be happy?
    Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
    Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
    Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

How big are your newly conquered cities? If they're size 7 or 8, then it's easy to keep them in wltkd. Otherwise, I don't know. Marketplaces? Did you obtain new luxuries?

Comment

Re: Wltkd

Originally posted by The Pioneer
      Here is the situation, I am playing the chinese against the japanese, zululand and the indians. Me and the japanese are on the same continent and have been fighting on and off in the last couple centuries (currently early 1800s). I was forced to change governments since my citizens were unsatisfied with me being at war almost constantly.

In this last offensive I took like 6 or 7 enemy cities including their capital. Now my question how the heck can they still be celebrating WLTKD. Note please, I have Women's Suffrage and a PS in most of my bigger cities and I still could not keep my people happy!

As you guessed it my question is how in earth's name can they still be happy?
      Obviously they have a form of government that has no war-weariness, either Communism or Monarchy. And their cities have lots of happiness buildings, like Temples, Cathedrals etc.

Comment

Well I fail to see how after I capture their capital and their largest cities including all of the wonders they ever build plus I have decimated most lots and lots of their units, certainly all naval units they could still be happy. In the histograph screen their culture has taken a bad beating and their power has dropped by 3/4 , which shows that they are hurting. Now in light of these facts I certainly would like to see a civ fall into anarchy whatever the gov't form (ok, maybe excluding despotism). I mean all these people would be crying for all their sons, daughters and other relatives and friends they have lost to my evil forces.
        Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
        Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
        Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

Did you attack them? Or did they attack you?

If they attacked you, I can see your point. If you attacked them… I read somewhere that the initiator of the conflict gets the war weariness, not the one that was attacked. Defending ones home soil is a moral imperative, whereas expansionist crusades would get old fast.

But what does it matter (unless your cities are revolting.) War does not and cannot prove which side is right, only which side is stronger. So if I were you, with my evil forces, I would exterminate those happy little (expletive- deleted) from the planet!

Comment

Working...
          X