Problem with editing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with editing

When i edit the civ3mod.bic file, the settings do not apply to my current save game. I was wondering if there is a way to make it apply to my game.
    Thanks

I dont know of one. The save game contains info from the bic somehow, that restricts the settings that can be edited.
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

yeah- save games in CIv3 are saved as .SAV files and, with the 1.21f patch, contain the rules that that game was played under. So you can't play a game, stop mid-way, edit some rules and then continue playing.
      Up the Irons!
      Rogue CivIII FAQ!
      Odysseus and the March of Time
      I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

That's about the only thing that I do not like in 1.21f. It's more difficult to mod now since experimenting is not all that easy anymore.
        Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
        Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
        Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

you can, however, create a scenario and set what age you start in...
          Up the Irons!
          Rogue CivIII FAQ!
          Odysseus and the March of Time
          I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Originally posted by The Pioneer
            That's about the only thing that I do not like in 1.21f. It's more difficult to mod now since experimenting is not all that easy anymore.
            I don't think it makes very much difference really, since before if you did anything more than make minor changes, the save game wouldn't even load. Or else the game would crash. They're just saving people some aggravation really.

Comment

Working...
            X