Command H.Q. Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command H.Q. Mod

Anyone remember (or heard of) the old 1990 real time war game Command H.Q.?
    Here's a link to get it, it's a pretty interesting game:

You'll learn which technologies are right for your business and will help you increase sales, speed up transactions, reduce labor costs and protect your data.

Anyhow, I've been working on a mod for the game (hope the real editor will be coming soon, because it's more or less impossible to test right now . . . though I suppose I can mess around with the techs etc.).

For anyone who has played the game and knows what I'm talking about, here's what I have so far:

*Only use Destroyers, Subs, Tanks, Infantry, Bombers and perhaps Paratroopers and Artillery (though they aren't in the actual Command H.Q.).

*All ground/naval units will have 0 attack strength, but probably their regular defense strength.

*All units will attack with lethal ground and sea bombard, thus battles will last several turns (rather than resolve them right away without giving the defender a chance to retreat etc.).

I'm currently debating whether cities will actually produce shields and make units, or if the player will actually buy them (i.e. rush build) This is how it is done in the actual Command H.Q., but that game also had a 'cooling off' period where cities couldn't build stuff (which wouldn't work with buying). Thus I'm leaning towards regular production of units.

What I'm still now sure about is how to handle movement across the sea (Command H.Q. gave you free transports) and how to handle the strategic elements that were created by seizing oil fields. Perhaps if your only source of gold was through Oil tiles which produced huge quantities of gold, but then they'd have to be within a city.

Anyway, that's all I have so far, any other fans of this surprisingly fun and playable 12 year-old game have anyother thoughts on how a translation to CivIII shoud work? I think this could be a really entertaining, two-player scenario (I doubt the A.I. would have a clue as to what to do), especially in 'turn-less' mode.
    You sunk my Scrableship!
Working...
X