Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US-Version and I want window play, ... how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US-Version and I want window play, ... how?

Hi all,

I would be very happy if someone knows help. I have the US-Version of Civ3 and this is in full screen mode playable, but I want really really to make it window play.

Do someone knows how to change game options, data files or something that I can start the Civ3 game in window mode?

The german version has such window mode and I do not know how I can enable it?

Help?
    the way you go the way you die

If you want to acces windows. Hit the - windows- button, you will then get your taskbar availlable....

Civ3 does not play in windows AFAIK,
    I'm very the German version does allow for this ?? :confused :
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

The basic answer is you can't. But, if you open up another application before you open Civ3 you can Alt+Tab and go to the other application.

Comment

Originally posted by Carver
        The basic answer is you can't. But, if you open up another application before you open Civ3 you can Alt+Tab and go to the other application.
        Isn't my solution easier to use???
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

There should be an update from the developers for a window mode. The tab way is not comfortable as I have not the time to wait until some programs start that way. I have much other programs open while I play and civ3 should be playable in windows mode, in a central window. *grompf*

But I have seen civ3 in windows mode, have to ask around more I think. But thanks ya.
          the way you go the way you die

Comment

Isnt CIV3 a DOS based game? That's why WIN2000, NT, and XP users have more trouble isnt it?
            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
              Isnt CIV3 a DOS based game? That's why WIN2000, NT, and XP users have more trouble isnt it?
              No special trouble under Win XP for now.
              Nym
              "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

arvid - why do you think a modern, Direct X game with multimedia and 3d animated units should be playable in a window mode? A game like that takes up system resources? How many other games have a window mode? Red Alert 2 - no, Jedi Knight 2 - no, even Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds -no. This isn't CivII
                Up the Irons!
                Rogue CivIII FAQ!
                Odysseus and the March of Time
                I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Just possibly, some folks may want to play when they shouldn't. Maybe a "boss button"??

Comment

Originally posted by candybo
                    Just possibly, some folks may want to play when they shouldn't. Maybe a "boss button"??
                    LOL
                    Nym
                    "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

it's not trully windowed, (no title bar, not movable, but multitaskable, and quick, yes)

from a previouse post

You Can Play Windowed Mode!!

yep thats right...here is how:

play one game, this will generate the .ini file described in the readme.txt

here is an example:
                      if your desktop is say 1280x960, you can play the game in a 1152x768 window for instance. to do this add the following two lines to the .ini file:

KeepRes=1
                      Video Mode=1152

...thats it. it plays civ3 in a 1152x768 window while maintaining a 1600x768 desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by alva848
                        If you want to acces windows. Hit the - windows- button, you will then get your taskbar availlable....

Civ3 does not play in windows AFAIK,
                        I'm very the German version does allow for this ?? :confused :
                        A better way IMO is hitting the Windows button and "D". This will minimize any application that's running to your taskbar. Just learned that myself recently, from someone posting on this forum. Works great!

Comment

Working...
                        X