Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

adding a unit screwed up editor-need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding a unit screwed up editor-need help!

I added the coracle using the copy tool, and when I use the editor to edit it, the attack strength is -1, the op range is 679, and the ROF is 524. So I change one of them to 0, and it says entor an integer between 0 1000, and it selects the attack strength. But instead of the last thing I edited being 0, its another weird number, so I edit attack strength to 0 and it says the integer message for the previous thing I just edited, and it highlights the number. But the attack strength goes back to -1, and I can't edit the unit at all. Please help!
    "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

I had this same problem. Did you use the hacked editor? Are using Gramphos's copy tool with Civ 3 1.7? All these things would help. I know I fixed the problem and I am running 1.21 and use the copy tool. I think the problem might have been using a map created with 1.71 and then using the copy tool but not sure.
    For your photo needs:
    http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

I didn't use the hacked editor-should I download it? And when you say v1.71 and v1.21 do you mean the hacked editor version?
      "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

v1.21 is the last patch for Civ3

This looks like a bug in copy tool, are you using the newest version of Civ3MultiTool.

The hacked editor can add units it is a little harder the in MultiTool, I would get it just in case MultiTool does not work.
        Was gone for two years, I'm back now.
        in a 3D world is there a difference between these: b d q p | / - \
        3D Unit tutorial
        My units: MechWalker,Rocket soldier,Hover Tank,Crawler,Hover Copter

Comment

Everytime I use the hacked editor, it corrupts the file, so I don't use it. I'm 99% sure I have the latest version of the multi tool, but I'll download another version that might be newer. I have another problem is when I try to start the unit creation wizard, an error message pops up saying 'Component COMblablabla is not found, installed incorectly, or something like that (I'm not at my house right now, so I don't know what it is).

Comment

Originally posted by johncmcleod
            Everytime I use the hacked editor, it corrupts the file, so I don't use it. I'm 99% sure I have the latest version of the multi tool, but I'll download another version that might be newer. I have another problem is when I try to start the unit creation wizard, an error message pops up saying 'Component COMblablabla is not found, installed incorectly, or something like that (I'm not at my house right now, so I don't know what it is).
            hacked editor works fine for me - it could be the same problem that's causing therror with both progs btw
            Up the Irons!
            Rogue CivIII FAQ!
            Odysseus and the March of Time
            I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Did you use the full install, what OS do you run?
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I have XP. I just got the copy tool to work, but unit creation wizard and hacked editor still don't. I did use full install.

Comment

#@^*! I used the tutorial for adding units, improvements, etc. at the top of the forum and followed it word by word and it corrupted the file! What do I do?

Comment

Working...
                  X