Aerial view buildings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aerial view buildings

Hi, does anyone know how to add a new building so that it also appears in the aerial view of the city?
    I already know how to add a building to the game, but it doesn't show up. Maybe this has already been answered, but I searched the forums for a while and couldn't find it. Thanks
    Last edited by Adc; July 2, 2002, 16:36.

How to get the city view working: Go into your C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III\Art\City Screen directory and take note of 2 files: buildings-large.pcx, and buildings-small.pcx. Open one of them up (they are both pretty much the same, but you have to change both in the same way).

Go down to the bottom and note the open set of squares. The squares from left to right control what the building looks like in each age, and top to bottom is each building in the order of it's appearance in the .bic. In the Editor check the tab Wonders and Improvements. The order the buildings appear there must be the order the buildings appear in these two graphics files.

Just use a line-drawing tool in a graphics editor and connect the green lines into grids, and then use a selection and copy tool to select one whole empty row and just paste it again in the empty pink space below. You will need to increase the canvas size to fit more in, but you need to already be minorly proficient with a graphics editor. So you can figure out if you play with it.
    btw - this is actually in a topped thread in the same forum you're posting in. Can you guess which one?...
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Thanks!
      But what I actually was asking is how to make it so that the building shows up in the aerial view , not just the city view. I said in my first post what I repeated here, but anyone can get confused, so no problemo.
      btw - no need to be so rude since what you showed me wasn't actually the solution. In fact, in that thread Plutarck says he can't add the aerial view (I'm guessing it's impossible, but I keep asking anyway).
      Last edited by Adc; July 2, 2002, 22:31.

Comment

I'm assuming since there were no replies that there's also no solution, so I'll have to settle for what I can do now.
        Last edited by Adc; July 7, 2002, 23:58.

Comment

I think that the number and location of buildings in aerial view is hard coded
          But you may be abile to replace them
          Was gone for two years, I'm back now.
          in a 3D world is there a difference between these: b d q p | / - \
          3D Unit tutorial
          My units: MechWalker,Rocket soldier,Hover Tank,Crawler,Hover Copter

Comment

Working...
          X