Slow Monarchy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow Monarchy

I am playing a Prince-level game, and I decided I wanted to jump to Monarchy as quick as possible. After learning just Bronze Working, I followed the requirements for Monarchy. Monarchy wanted (something like) 40 turns to build.

I then noticed: it didn't matter what % I put into science, so long as I had more than 0% and less than 90%. All other combinations took exactly as long. And I wasn't low on cities or revenue. 10% and 80% were all still the same length of time.

There's clearly something basic I'm missing, and knowing it would help a whole lot. 8-) I left science at 10% and used all the cash to buy advances from everyone else, but that didn't get me to monarchy any faster, and now I have everything they have. I even built the Great Library and got nothing out of it.

Thanks!
    -- Ethan

Yes. There is a maximum of 40 turns for any research can take.
    There is also minimum of 4 turns for any tech.

So you cant research anything longer than 40 turns, and you can't research anything faster than 4 turns.

So, you maximum research rate is still too slow to reseach monarchy faster than 40 turns, so thanks to the cap, you can research it with minimum level in same time.

I suggest you take a look at the Frequently asked questions
    "In some of its more lunatic aspects, political correctness is merely ridiculous. But in the thinking behind it, there is something more sinister which is shown by the fact that already there are certain areas and topics where freedom of speech, in the sense of the right to open and frank discussion, is being gradually but significantly eroded." -- Judge Neil Denison

Comment

I did see that in the FAQ, but I'm not sure I understand how it relates to "correct" gameplay. Presumably it shouldn't take me so long to research it. Or is that a bad assumption? Should I expect Monarchy to take 40 turns? Am I being penalized for not having researched more basic advances before going to Monarchy? Or is the answer the only other alternative -- that I was just too small?

Comment

Your research rate was just too small.
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Your income was too low. This happens early in the game and Monarchy is a tad expensive till you build up your civ a bit.

Comment

Working...
          X