Sci-Fi Future in Civ3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sci-Fi Future in Civ3?

I'm going to buy Civ3 in a few weeks, but there's a question and I can get the anserw:

" Are there going to be in Civ3 some future technologies (like in Call to Power )."

I know, this is stupid: a guy buys a game and doesn't know everything about it, but please help me!!!!
    If ther are such things then can anyone give me a page which contains a list of future units, technologies etc. Thanks fo any help.

Civ3 doesn't have any future techs a la Call To Power 1/2. Which is a shame - one of the few things that makes that series better than civ. You can edit the techs and the names of eras to make some future techs, and you can still only have 4 eras. There's a n expanmsion pack coming, hopefully with the abilty to add eras.

As for not knowing anything about a game, read some reviews. Apolyton also has game info.
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Depends on your taste, the future eras just dont do it for me i'd much rather stay in a present day scenario. But the option of all with the ability to stop the tech tree at a certain era could work
      "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

I like this idea, spy. Civ3 tends to keep me occupied enough with the available techs--hey, no one ever accused me of being a master. But I find myself pining for a little more at times. Maybe I'm just a masochist.

Comment

Personally, I'd like to see at least one future era - a glimpse into what lies ahead for the human race, After all, we're progressing so fast in RL anyway

Also, there should be a Rennaissance era - to get a smoother transition from Middle to Industrial
          Up the Irons!
          Rogue CivIII FAQ!
          Odysseus and the March of Time
          I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Working...
          X