Resources problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resources problem

Ive gone about downloading several resource.pcx files and picking and choosing the icons I like best to put onto my own, custom file. It works great until I build a road to a wine luxury, then it either crashes immediately, or after i zoom to the city (only once has it done the former, but several times the latter). Ive heard that adding extra luxuries (more than the original 8) can cause problems. Ive made sure I have only 8, but some are different. could this have something to do with it? The icon for the wines luxury is different than the one that came with the game. I was thinking it might have something to do with the city screen icon for wines. It seems to be the only problem so far, Ive gotten incense and several strategic resources and it was fine. I moved the icons around on the original resource.pcx, so some of them are in different places on the magenta grid, like wines, for example. Could this also be a problem?
    This is pretty much the last step for my mod, so i will be anxiously awaiting any help anybody can give .

Kman
    "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
    - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
    Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Wrong forum for that kind of help really. You will likely get some but this more for game and technical issues like

HOW COME MY GAME CRASHES HELP A CLUELESS NEWBIE?

What you want is the Creation forum, I think.

Comment

ok thanks, if after a few days I dont get much than Ill repost it in that forum.

Thanks
      Kman
      Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

All my resources now use different icons - no problems. I did have the exact same problem you are having when I added luxuries. Even after I cut it down to 8 luxuries, I could never get that BIC to work again. I think once you copy a luxury it permanently screws up the BIC. Did you ever have more than one?
        Get 84 Resources, 96 Resources, or the NEW 153 Resources! Get Rockier Bonus Grassland versions1.0 or 2.0! Get My Mix of Snoopy and Womocks early terrain! Get Varied Goody Huts!
        Upcoming Mods - Optimator (with over 1000 new units!!!) & Godzilla, Revenge of the Kaiju!
        I am in dire need of new dino and Kaiju units!

Comment

yes I did add luxuries.
          So, your saying this bic I've been spending dozens of hours on is now useless?
          Son of a...
          Everything was working perfectly, until I had to add resources.

Thanks Amesjustin, I believe between what you've said and my tinkering around that I've found the problem.

Kman

Comment

The Luxuries seem to be quite temperamental when you make changes. I ran into some problems when I switched Gold with Wines. Afterwards, I switched it with Furs, and it worked just fine. It looks like you'll just have to take a trial and error approach, and cross your fingers a lot.

Comment

I kinda gave my recources a face lift, unfortunately. I mad ivory eleohants and vhanged it to be strategic, added sugar as luxury, gold as luxury, and a whole lot of other luxuries and strategic recources.
              When I get time Im going to restore the original resources.pcx and pray that I didn't ruin my .bic

Thanks for the feedback guys

Comment

There is a new patch due out soon. Check it out when it becomes available to see if it can help in your current situation.

Comment

patch? out soon?
                  Up the Irons!
                  Rogue CivIII FAQ!
                  Odysseus and the March of Time
                  I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

That bis funny! But I hope Kring is right and it can help me. I've put to much work into to my game to be thrawrted now.

Comment

I have made a mod, back in 1.16 which allowed buildable Great Leaders, among other things; which I have patched in all of the patches. So, I know what it is like to spend a lot of time on something. I am making some new mods, but I am waiting on the new patch before I tweak them all the way.

Comment

Working...
                      X