Problems with default flc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with default flc

Inspired by civfan01's excellent tutorial, I had a go converting the trade federation droid trooper for civ3. I got as far as the default animation. I've attached the Droid Default.flc, the Droid Default_StoryBoard.FXM and the Droid Default.pcx

As you can see, the unit has this wierd shimmer to it. What gives? I used DRS Viewer to extract the images, FLICSter to make the storyboard and Paintshop Pro for pasting the individual images into the pcx file.
    Attached Files
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

anyone?
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

The problem is that the palette is fliped.
      What program did you use?
      I have noticed that if you open a PCX in paint it flips the palette, to fix it just flip it again.

You may also want to center it and make it so it does not jump around.
      Last edited by Level; June 24, 2002, 10:27.
      Was gone for two years, I'm back now.
      in a 3D world is there a difference between these: b d q p | / - \
      3D Unit tutorial
      My units: MechWalker,Rocket soldier,Hover Tank,Crawler,Hover Copter

Comment

Well, I used DRS Viewer to extract the images for the default animation from SW:GB. I used FLICSter to create a new storyboard. Copied the pcx file and converted it to a bmp. Pasted all the images into the bmp storyboard in MS Paint(coz it's easier), then pasted the whole thing into the pcx file using Jasc Paintshop Pro. So I never actually opened a pcx in Paint.
        Up the Irons!
        Rogue CivIII FAQ!

Comment

Hmm, well something fliped it, try fliping it by opening in Paint if you can (not all windows versions can) or by doing what you did before.
          3D Unit tutorial

Comment

, On the first SW frame, The Battle Droid jumped and then whet back to normal. Try copying the entire bitmap( The one you extracted from the drs viewer) on to a Bmp version of the story board and use paste as solid (Indicated by the button on the left, It should be a solid boxed in image aganst the background Image with the background not showing through.) When you are ready. Copy each section (Since Copying the entire Bmp version of the story board and pasting it on PSP would work but you would have troble allinging it with the Pcx version storyboard. This is why you should copy each section and copying from paint and pasting it as a Transperant object in PSP. (This should retain most of the Color in the unit.)
            Sorry, for not responding quicker since I have started my summer job just this week.
            "All your base are belong to us" -Cats | "You don't leave an enemy at your back. Not if you like living." - Mara Jade | "You know the first rule in combat? ...shoot them before they shoot you." - Faye Valentine

Comment

Another thing I found, if you draw while in paint it can change the palette.
              3D Unit tutorial

Comment

Your problem is the palette. The last color in the palette (color index 255) is the transparent color. Note that if you use Photoshop, the palette ordering is inverted and color index 0 is transparent. I've attached an updated PCX file with transparent color moved into position 255. I also changed the color to bright green so you can see what exactly is transparent. I changed the grid lines to blue also. As you can see, there are still several pixels of pink in the image that will not be made transparent. Only the green pixels in the attached PCX will be transparent when loaded into Civ3. Transparency is controlled by the palette index (255) and not the color itself.
                Attached Files
                Mike Breitkreutz
                Programmer
                FIRAXIS Games

Comment

cheers folks - I'll have another go tonight
                  Up the Irons!
                  Rogue CivIII FAQ!

Comment

Working...
                  X