CIV III wont find CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIV III wont find CD

After installing the latest patch, now the game wont start. It keeps telling me Cannot locate CD rom. "Please insert the CIV III CD, select OK and restart application"

Any ideas on how to fix it?

aha, you have been victim of the different version trick.

Firaxian Patches only work with the original English version my friend. Only English, Germans and French have specific patches for their local versions.

Neither Spanish nor others have patches which run with their local versions.

So, only if you have the English, French or German version of Civ III you will have an updated patch for your version. Only if you have the English one truly, because I think the French's and the German's are still in construction.
    «… Santander, al marchar te diré, guarda mi corazón, que por él volveré ». // Awarded with the Silver Fleece Medal SEP/OCT 2003 by "The Spanish Civilization Site" Spanish Heroes: "Blas de Lezo Bio" "Luis Vicente de Velasco Bio" "Andrés de Urdaneta Bio" "Don Juan de Austria Bio"

Comment

But I have the english version(i think)...and it still does not work....any ideas???

Comment

Are you trying to play the game with the CD in a different drive than you istalled it from?

Is your CD ROM even remotely old. By PC standards old. The latest patch seems a bit more particular about the CD drives.

Comment

It's a new PC---I have also checked to make sure that the registry key points to the CD drive that the CD is in.
          But that did not work either...

Comment

Well you could do this.

Uninstall Civ III.

Delete the folder. Move anything you want to keep first like saved games, mods and maybe the high scores file.

Clear out your TEMP folder to be sure there is no junk left over from the install.

Reboot.

Then install the game. DO NOT PLAY IT.

Install the patch. Twice just in case. Someone claims it removes stuff on the first run. I think that only is done in some circumstances.

Then try it again. If that doesn't work go find the NOCD program. We are not allowed to link to it and I don't know where it is anyway. To many people use it with ilegal copies.

OH speaking of which. Don't use a copy even though it is legal to copy a game you own. Copies of Civ III almost never work. Its that SafeDisk II. You may be able to install from a legal backup copy but it won't run unless everything is done perfectly with the just the right drive.

Comment

thanks for the tips...will try.
              What is the NOCD program?

Comment

Originally posted by kktk
                thanks for the tips...will try.
                What is the NOCD program?
                A program that pirates like to use so they don't need the real CD. But so do people that don't like to dig out their CD and those that have laptops with big enough hard drives.

I don't know if thats that actual name of the program or not. Go search at Google. Don't ask for a link to that program. You can get banned for posting a link for it.

A link I can post:

Comment

It exsist, that's for sure.

You just need to find one for 1.21f version of Civ3.

Comment

Found it first try.

Of course its .ace file. I am sort of surprised it wasn't .rar file considering the popularity of that file type in the copyright violation comunity.

Those are why I don't use Winzip anymore which well made program but it doesn't support enough compression formats.

Comment

Working...
                    X