starting large project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting large project

I am starting a new project. I am going to customize almost all of the industrial to modern age units for each civ. Yes, to make it a little unique, civ3 gives each civ a unique unit. But I don't think it is enough for industrial and modern age units.

[Story]

"Sir, our fighters are about to engage in a large air battle against the enemy. Should they withdraw or fight them?"

"We should fight them. American fighters are just as good as French fighters. They look the exact same except their colors, and their fighting skills, ship capabilities, and training are identical, just some American fighters have an occasional extra hit point."

[/story]

I was going to make each civ have a different infantry, mech infantry, tank, modern armor, fighter, bomber, jet fighter, and maybe stealth fighter and bomber picture, skills, and name. I have never made new graphics for units, or even made a unit (I know how to though, I got the tutorials). I am looking for them. I have already found 17 for fighters- this is more than enough. I need 15 for each unit. If anyone knows where a good place to get those is, please tell me. If someone would like to contribute, please make a graphic and attach it to a file.
    "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Wow

I have never read such a noble idea

Comment

I have a feeling that there is a limit on the number if units available with each tech. I tried something like that, and had 8 alternatives to the knight. The game crashed as soon as I viewed the tech tree in the Middle Age.
      Up the Irons!
      Rogue CivIII FAQ!
      Odysseus and the March of Time
      I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

If thats the case zulu9812, then u would have to do them in culture groups or regional groups

Comment

Oh, I guess I didn't think about my idea enough. I was thinking I could just edit the name, picture, and stats for the fighter for each civ, but I guess you can't do that. But I guess that wouldn't work. I'll just make a couple different fighters then.
          "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

Does anyone know if the number of units (well, icons) that available with each tech is hard-coded or not?
            Up the Irons!
            Rogue CivIII FAQ!
            Odysseus and the March of Time
            I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Working...
            X