Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows

I am planning on building a new computer in the next few weeks. A friend offered to give me windows 2000 for it, but I also have the windows 98 disk. I was wondering what most of you thought was a better operating system, specifically for gaming. I was also wondering if it is possible to have two opperating systems installed at once because one or two of my games don't support windows 2000.

Windows 2000 all the way. Nearly every game I like works on it, and its infinitely more stable.

need to do research try:
    Daily Windows news, information, hardware/software compatibility lists and tips and tricks.
    "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Pythagoras
      Windows 2000 all the way. Nearly every game I like works on it, and its infinitely more stable.

need to do research try:
      http://www.ntcompatible.com/
      Quite true for brand new games, but it does not support all games. And Win2000 uses more RAM than Win98 and so there is less for games.
      If you are not sure el_dios_de_todo, you can always install both Windows; but Win98 must be installed first.
      Nym
      "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

Working...
      X