Workers not building railroads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workers not building railroads

Sometimes, not every game, but sometimes my workers will not build railroads after the discovery of Steam Engine. The options is not available and they do not automatically do it either. My competors are building tracks all over the place! I'm assuming a bug, but have not seen it written about. Anyone know about this? Thanks!

Building RR's requires coal, make sure you have coal.
    "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Ahhh, coal. I'll check when I get home. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by pflanner
        Ahhh, coal. I'll check when I get home. Thanks!
        It requires iron too, but it is not a new strategic resource.
        You must also check that you are not trading one of these resources to another civ. Each time I have two sources of one strategic resource and trade the excess one, if I lose one source (depletion or road destruction) it is always the one I use and not the one I trade.
        Nym
        "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

Originally posted by Nym
          Each time I have two sources of one strategic resource and trade the excess one, if I lose one source (depletion or road destruction) it is always the one I use and not the one I trade.
          I don't think that's it: you still have a trade agreement to comply with. Thus thta trade agreement uses the only source of that resource you have. Makes sense to me.
          Up the Irons!
          Rogue CivIII FAQ!
          Odysseus and the March of Time
          I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

I think Zulu is right here. If you wouldn't keep the trade running, you would risk a war.

Comment

Originally posted by zulu9812

I don't think that's it: you still have a trade agreement to comply with. Thus thta trade agreement uses the only source of that resource you have. Makes sense to me.
              Yes. Of course you are right.
              Nym
              "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

Crazy . . . I own as much land and as many cities as the remaining 4 civs combined, but had no coal and they each did. Anyway, thanks for pointing out my oversite

Comment

Working...
                X