UNIT: Dark Trooper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNIT: Dark Trooper

I am pleased to anounce that the Dark Trooper is ready for downloadThe Dark Trooper is ready for production. <-"Urk! The Dark Troopers are ready? Uhh quckly show them the pictures"

Please Click on the dark trooper picture to see a sample of the Darktrooperidle.flc->

Readme v 1.01. Dark Trooper v 1.00
    Author: Civfan01(A.K.A. CivGeneral)
    Date Creation: June 17, 2002
    Date Revision and Type: June 19, 2002 Readme Revision

Discription: This experimental tech level 3 rainged attack unit is more effective than strike mech at dispersing enemy infantry formations, and can detect units that are imperceptible to standard scans-units such as concealed jedi. -Star Wars: Galatic Battleground Manual pg 43

Thank you for downloading the Dark trooper add on for Civilization III.

In order to properly load this unit you must have the Dark trooper folder in your ...art/units directery where you instaled Civ III. I have also attached a Units_32.pcx for the Darktrooper Icon. Important, You must make a backup copy of units_32.pcx if you want to use the default or other custom units_32.pcx.

Tools used
    Paint Shop Pro
    MS paint
    Flicster
    DRS Viewer <- to extract the Unit

Licence & Copyright
    You may add the Dark trooper Unit to your Scenario, You may add the Dark trooper icon in units_32.pcx to your unit icon collection as long as you give me credit for the time I taken to have this unit be playable in Civ III. If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions please post at eather the Apolyton Civilization III or Civilization Fanatics Forum.
    Important corporate copy right from other games other than Fraxis: This Unit is taken from SW:GB. The Unit Itself is copyright by Lucasarts. I do not clame ownership of the original unit. I just clame ownership of the time spent to convert this unit to Civilization III.

Suggested Unit Stats

Class: Land
    Shield Cost: 12
    Moves: 2
    Attack Str:23
    Defense str: 19
    Prerq Resources: Oil, Alummunium
    Abilities: Blitz, Foot Solder, Radar, Starts Golden Age(If you want to have it a civ specific unit)
    Prerq: Robotics
    AI Stategies: Offensive
    Standard Orders: All
    Specal Actions: Load, Airlift, Pillage
    Advalible to Civ: All (Unless you are planing to use it and not let the Computer use it against you )

Hope you enjoy the Dark Trooper.

Edit: Reviosions on Readme file
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CivGeneral; June 19, 2002, 23:17.
    "All your base are belong to us" -Cats | "You don't leave an enemy at your back. Not if you like living." - Mara Jade | "You know the first rule in combat? ...shoot them before they shoot you." - Faye Valentine

Unit Icon

Optional Icon: Contains the Dark Trooper icon. Please be sure that you have backed up your Units_32.pcx

Edit: Revised Readme inside zip file
    Attached Files
    Last edited by CivGeneral; June 19, 2002, 23:20.
    "All your base are belong to us" -Cats | "You don't leave an enemy at your back. Not if you like living." - Mara Jade | "You know the first rule in combat? ...shoot them before they shoot you." - Faye Valentine

Comment

first to download! looking good, Civfan01! Not tested it in-game yet (just FLICSter). Love the Fortify sound.
      Up the Irons!
      Rogue CivIII FAQ!
      Odysseus and the March of Time
      I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

actually, just one thing - aren't the Idle and Fortify animations actually the same?
        Up the Irons!
        Rogue CivIII FAQ!
        I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Positions

actually, just one thing - aren't the Idle and Fortify animations actually the same? -zulu9812
          The fortify animation is tweeked to be more faster than the Idle/Fidget animations. Yes they are basicly the same animation with the only differance that the fortify one is set more faster. (Its the only thing I can do since SW:GB does not have a Dark Trooper that transitions from idle to fireing to make the Fortify animations run smoothly, The Storm Troopers(and Clone Troopers in the Clone Campaigns) have a smooth transition from idle to fireing.)

Comment

Shouldn't this get moved to the Files forum?
            Up the Irons!
            Rogue CivIII FAQ!

Comment

Shouldn't this get moved to the Files forum? - zulu9812
              I dont think who ever is incharge of moving forums have discovered this thead. *ahem* Anyone who is incharge of moving forums, This Forum is ready to move on to the files .
              Asside from miving forums I have made revisions on the readme file (Apperantly someone over at Civfanatics' forum had posted something about it on my thead over there. ) Just to make everyone happy I have revised the Copyright section . If you already have downloaded the Dark Trooper file, Dont worry about it downloading the file again (Since the Dark Trooper has not changed, it is still version 1.00.)

Comment

Originally posted by zulu9812
                Shouldn't this get moved to the Files forum?
                It will be moved. I've been on vacation in a place weher computers don't exist.
                Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
                X