modded .bic files crash after installing 1.21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• modded .bic files crash after installing 1.21

I've been playing for months with the 1.16 patch and have made a .bic file that edits civs (but nothing else)

this has worked like a charm till yesterday, when I sent the master .bic file to a friend, who modded his civ and sent it back to me

I couldn't open it in the Editor... turned out he had already installed the 1.21 patch

so I dl'ed the 1.21 patch and installed it

now I can open the .bic files in the editor, but when I try to launch using the modded file, I get an "Illegal Operation ... program will be shut down" while the game is loading after the Customization screens

Then I get dumped to the desktop

This happens with all of my modded .bic files, but the game will launch fine using original defaults

can anybody help??

TYIA

LvT

oh btw, is there a PBEM utility somewhere, or do we just have to wait for Play the World??

Sounds like you've been using a pre-1.21f bic all this time - now you have the patch, that version of bic won't work. You might need to re-edit everything..
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Quuite a few mods don't work after installing a patch. I have had to redo my buildable leader one 4 times, with a fifth one due after the next patch.

Comment

Actually, I found the problem after looking in the 1.21 bugs thread

turns out after I installed the patch it reset the Custom Map and I hadn't deselected it

Everything seems to be running fine now

Thank you both

LvT

Comment

I am glad it was a simple solution.

Comment

Working...
          X