UTILITY: Yet another Mod Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UTILITY: Yet another Mod Manager

Except I call it a mod loader to set it apart from wiwi's. I wrote this in about 2 weeks 'cos I couldn't find a working download link to wiwi's and I wanted to play the "MeinKampf" mod without worrying about files. A week later I finally played my first game of the mod

I'm absolutely no good at boasting about things so I'll just quickly tell you what it can do and leave you to make up your own mind since I wrote it for myself mainly (something to do in the evenings, and it saves money from not going to the pub), and firaxis have announced their own. There is a poll on the website (link below) about whether I should bother updating it or not. If enough people (wow, I'm optimistic, look at me) want me to, I will.

So then:
    - allows loading of multiple mods, giving you the option of which mods install what files if they happen to install the same file.
    - check at a glance which mods are compatible with others.
    - restore/re-install single files with a minimum of 3 clicks (and some moving of the mouse !)
    - only backs up the files replaced by mods. No unneccesary disk space used.
    - lots of other things like a help file, options, a really cute about box. Yes I'm getting short of things to say.

Anyone who wants screen shots (which are really quite boring) please check the website. All queries and feedback is quite welcome, nay encouraged.

Get it from here:

Hope it works OK for you. It does for me.

Peely.

I'll deal with my duties tomorrow.

(Nothing gets posted for a day, and just as I makes an update to the News we get two new files...)
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Hey Peely,

I made my own mod manager and posted it on CivFanatics. I was thinking of posting it here, but I thought of checking out your program first. But the link didn't work for me.
      Creator of a Civ3 ModManager

Admirer of the Double Your Pleasure mod which you can discuss about at this thread.

Comment

This looks interesting. I have KingJoshi and wiwi mod, and I will look at yours later.

Comment

Working...
        X