No announcement yet.

Is there no end to this 'Foolish'ness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there no end to this 'Foolish'ness?

I have played several games of Civ3 now, all on Chieftan level, and after getting thoroughly schooled in the first couple of games, I have been able to win.

However, after I win (cultural victory, domination victory, retirement-age victory) my leader has always earned the title of '... the Foolish.'

What does it take to rise above the 'Foolish' title?

How can I stop the Foolishness?
    "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Increase your difficulty level, that will increase the points you gain which then determines the title for your leader.

Comment

Thanks for the info.
      "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

End game titles are based on your score. Its hard to get a high enough score to avoid the putdown titles on Chieftan and I guess on Warlord as well. There is a multiplier based on level of difficulty for the score and its pretty simple.

1 Chieftan
        2 Warlord
        3 Regent
        4 Monarch
        5 Emperor
        6 Deity

Comment

the Foolish is now the Terrible

Thanks for the info.

I just acheived a Space Victory on Warlord level. I have now been dubed, 'The Terrible' (a blistering 3 ranks above Foolish.)

Comment

Just keep trying. Read threads in the strategy forum to improve your game. A solid game on Regent will net you a very good score.

Comment

My Hall of Fame is full of "* the Foolish" or what have you. I finally made it to "* the clever" for Warlord level(5 stacks away from the top title). I think you have to totally dominate the game on the easier level to get the nice titles.
              Janitor, janitor
              scrub in vein
              for the $h1t house poet
              have struck again

Comment

If you've made it to "Terrible", then you are probably ready to move up one difficulty level. That will help you get a higher score and thus improve your final reputation.

Comment

Working...
                X