Golden Age has ended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Age has ended

I've notice that when the golden age comes you get a lot of revenues from your cities and whatever else that comes with it.

It's all well and good but when it ends, it takes your civ with it. It's probably poor planning on my part but I will ask anyway.

I started a war using my Impi, then comes the GA. I noticed that I'm geting more gold b/c of it so I started cranking out Units and Culture building. At this point I was some +22 gold per turn. Meanwhile I'm at war with all the neighboring Civ--3in all. I'm winning and concquering cities after cities until I own 1/4 of this Pangea land(all civ in one continent).

I was going to continue the war but unfortunately the GA ended and to my surprisre, well not really, my revenue was droping -43 gold/turn. I manage to make peace with all the civ I faught and got some gold and advances in return.

My question then is, how do you bounce back from that? In about 5 turns my advisor will be disbaning unit after unit and thats the last thing I want to do.

My solution was,
    -Reduce the science funding to 10% and not touch the 20% entetainment. If they revolt the concquered cities my flip back to their respective Civs.
    -Mine like a mad man ( I don't know if that actually increse my gold output or just increase my shield production).
    -Tax my cities to hell.

Does anyone have anymore Ideas.
    Janitor, janitor
    scrub in vein
    for the $h1t house poet
    have struck again

You want to build more roads, mining wont do anything to your gold production unless your city is set on 'wealth' which converts shield->gold production.
    "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

You can also set city to wealth, for a time until you get more gold. Since you are in a time of peace, ed cities, get courthouses to defray some of your corruption losses, especially in the conquered areas, also build harbors, marketplaces and anything that increases wealth. If you are not already in Republic or Democracy move to switch to those, they proivde extra gold. The Adam Smith Wonder is also a big help in increasing gold production. Building improvements will also help increase your culture rating which will help you fight off culture flipping of conquered areas. But you need to stay at peace until your back on your feet.

If you feel that some of your conquered cities are still a problem...cut them loose, i.e. abandon them and bring in new settlers of your own, that way the entertainment isn't eating up your income either.

Good Luck
      Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
      "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

Thanks for the input. I manage to lower it down to -31gold/turn. It's a fairly large area so If I can put roads on all of em I should be fine right?

Anywho my short terms solution was sell my tech to all the civ that don't have it. I guess I should pump out the workers then.

Thanks!
        Janitor, janitor
        scrub in vein
        for the $h1t house poet
        have struck again

Comment

Originally posted by W4r_Machine
          Thanks for the input. I manage to lower it down to -31gold/turn. It's a fairly large area so If I can put roads on all of em I should be fine right?

Anywho my short terms solution was sell my tech to all the civ that don't have it. I guess I should pump out the workers then.

Thanks!
          Roads will increase commerce on the square that your citizens are working on by some amount (I think its +2 or something).
          "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Working...
          X