Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

this program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.

slight problem here... i can load and play civ3 fine, but after i exit i get the "illegal operation" message. i don't know WHAT my computer thinks i'm trying to do, but it's not illegal. heck, i'm not even a surgeon! jokes aside, this mesage pops up and then you click ok about four thousand times, then you get the blue screen of death and have to restart. the computer then decides that it's been shut down improperly and runs scandisk. this basically happens every time i try to play, and i'm pretty certain we have the most recent patches.

so my stupid boyfriend got tired of his computer getting "f---ed up because of the game" and UNINSTALLED IT, causing me to lose all my games and high scores. and i'm not allowed to reinstall it until i figure out the problem. so for the love of god, please help! i almost cried when i went to the computer saturday morning and the icon was gone and i realized what had happened. i need my civ fix! i don't know what to do.
    drones to the left of me, spartans to the right - here i am, stuck in the middle with yang

We're gonna need more info about OS hardware etc. Have you thought about your own PC
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

lol... i can think about it all i want. hmmmm, sure would be nice to have my own computer.... there's no possible way i could afford it, though.

what do you need to know about the system? i can find out whatever info is needed when i get home (i'm at work now). thanks!
      drones to the left of me, spartans to the right - here i am, stuck in the middle with yang

Comment

Amazingly, havent had any conflicts with civ3 and my OS/Hardware so my experience with this problem is limited. Since it happens when you exit the game it sounds to me like its an OS incompatibility problem and I believe that there have been a bunch with winXP related to the monitor.

Here is some of the info that may be helpful:

What OS are you using ?
        What video card are you using, do you have the latest drivers for it?
        Did this happen with all versions of civ3 ?

If you are using XP do a search for it and/or monitor problems.
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Get rid of your boyfriend.
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
          X