Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upper Limit for number of Great Leaders per Civ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper Limit for number of Great Leaders per Civ?

here's a quick question: Is there a maximum limit of eight heroes(great leaders) per civilization?
    Poor silly humans. A temporarily stable pattern of matter and energy stumbles upon self-cognizance for a moment, and suddenly it thinks the whole universe was created for its benefit. -- mbelleroff

I don't think so. You can't have more then one a t the same time, but I think you can have any nomber of them in total during a game.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I've had more than one at the same time, but that was ages ago -maybe it was changed with a patch
      Up the Irons!
      Rogue CivIII FAQ!
      Odysseus and the March of Time
      I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

i mean, in the editor.
        The total number of hero names for each civilization.
        Poor silly humans. A temporarily stable pattern of matter and energy stumbles upon self-cognizance for a moment, and suddenly it thinks the whole universe was created for its benefit. -- mbelleroff

Comment

Originally posted by zulu9812
          I've had more than one at the same time, but that was ages ago -maybe it was changed with a patch
          According to a Firaxian, there has never been the ability to have more than one at a time, even in the original game, pre any patch.

This was discussed in a post at CFC:

Leader Link at CFC

As well as an email portion I got in request to the same question:

I saw this question on another forum and emailed Dan at Firaxis since, who better to ask?

[QUOTE]

To:
          Cc:
          Subject: Leaders
          Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 13:30:02 -0500

REPLY | REPLY ALL | FORWARD [As Attachment] Previous | Next | Delete | Done
          Hello,

According to Soren, the Lead Programmer, you cannot have more than one Great Leader at a time.

Dan

[QUOTE]

Comment

What about the total number of names in the heroes list?

Comment

Originally posted by ranskaldan
              does the editor warn you if you add more? If not it will work.
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by ranskaldan
                You can have as many leader names in the list as you want.
                Mike Breitkreutz
                Programmer
                FIRAXIS Games

Comment

well at least Firaxis paid attention to an important detail like that
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sava :
                    Take care, you're beginning to sound like Libertarian
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Breitkreutz FIRAXIS

You can have as many leader names in the list as you want.
                      hi ,

true , but when you give each civ 25 leaders or not , the most players dont feel that this increases the chance on the actually appearing , it would be fun to see more of them after a fight against the barbarians , .....
                      could you do something about that , it's a nicy way to get elite units , but where are the leaders , ...

have a nice day
                      Last edited by Panag; June 10, 2002, 18:31.
                      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                      X