Desert Oasis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desert Oasis

I have spent several hours now looking through content on this site, and still find no mod to add in the desert oasis -- does nobody else miss the desert oasis resource? I loved the idea of it, the benefit of it, and hey just the look of it too. Am not techie and inherently artistic enough to do so myself. But I just thought there would already be one somewhere.
    "I will not govern my actions by your reactions."

I like the idea. It could be added as a bonus resource that only appears in deserts. Maybe there is something already in the creation or files forum or you could get help from somebody over there?

Comment

It would actually be pretty easy to do. As Lucilla said add an icon to the resources.pcx (I know they already exist but I'll post my file if you want its got about 60 icons) then add a resource called oasis with the hacked editor using the oasis icon.
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I fyou were really artistic, and you wanted oasis as a terrain feature and not resource, you could nake up new terriain tiles. I know it's been done for buildings between cities
        Up the Irons!
        Rogue CivIII FAQ!
        Odysseus and the March of Time
        I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

oasis

But do you actually have to take out one of the other resources in order to add it? For some reason, that was my impression. I did actually take a shot at it ...added the Oasis icon to the file, and it came up in the editor icons ... but could not figure out how to make the game recognize which icon I was referring to (could not add it into the drop-down resources menu).

Also, for some reason I cannot post on the files forum. It says I do not have the permission.

Comment

Re: oasis

Originally posted by green_athena
            But do you actually have to take out one of the other resources in order to add it? For some reason, that was my impression. I did actually take a shot at it ...added the Oasis icon to the file, and it came up in the editor icons ... but could not figure out how to make the game recognize which icon I was referring to (could not add it into the drop-down resources menu).

Also, for some reason I cannot post on the files forum. It says I do not have the permission.
            Prior to 1.21 you could add two new icons. With 1.21 you can add as many as you like but there are limits on the number of luxury and probably strategic resources because of other conflicts.

You have to add the resource to the list then assign the icon. The resource can be added with the hacked editor (that has the add delete function enabled) and probably with the multi-tool.

You cant post a file to the files forum. You post new files in the creation forum then Gramphos moves them if they're OK.
            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

resources

Originally posted by SpencerH
              It would actually be pretty easy to do. As Lucilla said add an icon to the resources.pcx (I know they already exist but I'll post my file if you want its got about 60 icons) then add a resource called oasis with the hacked editor using the oasis icon.
              Hey SpencerH --where is your resource file? Sounds good. . .

Comment

Here you go. I didnt make the icons but I did put them together like this.
                Attached Files

Comment

If you want the dessert oasis effect, you can put a wheat icon on a floodplain tile. not exactly like the old oasis, but kinda the same idea

Comment

Re: oasis

But do you actually have to take out one of the other resources in order to add it? For some reason, that was my impression. I did actually take a shot at it ...added the Oasis icon to the file, and it came up in the editor icons ... but could not figure out how to make the game recognize which icon I was referring to (could not add it into the drop-down resources
                    No you don't have to take anything out, it's possible to have 32 unique icons on the map right now. The default number is currently 22, so you can add another 10. Plus you can also double/triple the use of any icons. The grand total of resources seems to be 82 altogether. However there's seems to be a limit of 8 Luxury resources still.

As for the game recognizing it, just cycle through the numbers next to the graphic in the editor. You'll see little arrows that let you scroll up or down. If you're adding one for the first time, it would be number 22, since the game starts counting at 0.

Comment

Re: Re: oasis

Originally posted by Willem

However there's seems to be a limit of 8 Luxury resources still.
                      I could see how the game would only allow 8 Luxury items ... because in the city screen there are only 8 lines in the box for luxury/happy faces ...I don't think the game would know what to do if you gave it more without adjusting the rest (such as the city screen).

Just my thinking.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: oasis

I could see how the game would only allow 8 Luxury items ... because in the city screen there are only 8 lines in the box for luxury/happy faces ...I don't think the game would know what to do if you gave it more without adjusting the rest (such as the city screen).

Just my thinking.
                        I don't think that's a problem since there's only room for 8 Strategic resources as well, but you can have more than that in the game. You just don't see the icons. I think it has more to do with the calculations that are made, regaring how many people that resource makes happy. Especially when it comes to the Marketplace. Having more than expected confuses the hell out of the game.

Comment

Working...
                        X