lethal artillery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lethal artillery

Ok, I went into the editor, opened the civmod.bic file, and gave artillery lethal land and sea bombing and saved the bic file. i started up Civ 3 and tried to sink an ironclad off my coast with my artillery. I got it down to 1 hp, but then I couldn't fire on it again. Anyone know what the heck it is that I messed up? Help!

I think it's because in 1.21f, changes you make to the BIC file don't affect pre-existing games. Changes to the text files seem to implement themselves okay, though.

You'll have to start a new game to test it out. Unless there are any magical utilities out there that I am not aware of.
    Regards,
    Col. Rhombus

Comment

The Col. has it right. There is info relevant to the bic file stored in with the save games so that changes made to the bic dont alter that games parameters.
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Also, be sure to specify whether it's sea bombardment or land. You can select either one, though I'm not sure about selecting both.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can select both - I can't think of any reason why you can't
          Up the Irons!
          Rogue CivIII FAQ!
          Odysseus and the March of Time
          I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

You can select both. I've done it in my BIC files and started a new game. It's seems to work
            I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

I think it has to do with eather the movement points or rate of fire.
              "All your base are belong to us" -Cats | "You don't leave an enemy at your back. Not if you like living." - Mara Jade | "You know the first rule in combat? ...shoot them before they shoot you." - Faye Valentine

Comment

You have to do it for each artillery unit you want to have the ability. Also, lethal land (don't know about sea) bombardment allows the chance for a GL to be created if the arty is elite.

Comment

Working...
                X