Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad news for 2050 haters & WordPad Wonders

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bad news for 2050 haters & WordPad Wonders

    Right, I'll say from the start: I'm a newbie. If this kind of stuff has been posted before, then feel free to flame me like mad
    If you open a savegame with WordPad (don't use NotePad... too risky. It mucks up end-of-line markers) you'll see among all the binary bits & bobs, some good old Humanoid ASCII. From here you can change mouseover text to whatever you want... e.g. you can change the City View mouseover "A {civgoeshere} unhappy citizen" to "a { whatever you want to put here } nuicanse!!!".

    I've been particularly interested in the thread about changing the end date of the game. Get ready for some BAD news... the term "2050" is not contained in ASCII text form in any Civ3 files. The only way to alter it would be to:
    • Learn machine code (not recommended)
    • Hack at every file until you find one with some code like:
      " finish{3}.endDate='2050' " (ok, ok, obviously that depends on the language, but you get the general idea)

    Unfortunately, I'm not one to risk breaking Civ3 or the law so I'll leave it to the 'more ambitious persons ' from Apolyton to take the issue further...........
    I might post more but I'll wait to see if anyone's interested first
    "For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that whoever believes will not perish but have eternal life" -- John 3:16

  • #2
    I'm interested!
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

    Comment

    Working...
    X