free techs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• free techs

I created my own rules for Civ 3, nothing too radical just a few changes to make it more fun. One of the things I did was change the two free techs that the civs get at the beginning, but when I played it I didn't get my free techs and the science screen was "frozen" (I couldn't click on any of the advances; right or left click)

I tried this once - you need to watch that the free techs don't have preequisite techs that you haven't given the civ.
    Last edited by zulu9812; June 3, 2002, 17:01.
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

I gave them warrior code and bronze working, I also checked the other civs to make sure they still had default techs and they did.

Comment

What else did you change?
        Up the Irons!
        Rogue CivIII FAQ!
        I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

I changed the units so that all of them were upgradable, and I changed the attack and defend nbumbers of a few of the units.

Comment

Is it every game you start, or just that one?
            Up the Irons!
            Rogue CivIII FAQ!

Comment

all of them that I start with that "scenario"

Comment

I have to say I'm stumped. There must be something you haven't told me because giving a civ Warrior Code and Bronze Working should work
                Up the Irons!
                Rogue CivIII FAQ!

Comment

nope, it's all there.... I've experienced this before too which is why Im lost, I thought I fixed everything there could be a problem with, but I guess not. Civ 3 just doesn't like me very much anymore since I started playing Civ 2 more often. thats my guess

Comment

If you haven't solved this yet, maybe try recreating your rule set one rule at a time. This should pinpoint what caused the problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X