Problems adding new settler unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems adding new settler unit

So I followed the tutorial above to add a 'pioneer' unit only usable by expansionist civs. I added a civilopedia entry and used the copy tool to copy the settler and renamed the copy to 'pioneer'. When I load the scenario in civ3, everything works fine until I click on the build queue and try and build a pioneer. Once I click on it, the game crashes w/ no error back to the windows desktop. I didnt see anything in the 'common glitches' thread and searched around. I believe I have the most recent copy tool: v0.92.5001. and am running 1.21f.

Any ideas?
    "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

The game is probably only looking for one settler unit to begin the game with. Is there a unique "IsSettler" flag or something in the settler entry?
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
      The game is probably only looking for one settler unit to begin the game with. Is there a unique "IsSettler" flag or something in the settler entry?
      There is under "Worker/Engineer Actions" there is a checkbox for
      "Build City" which I have checked. The game starts out fine with a single settler, worker, and scout. I build a city with the settler, try and switch production to 'pioneer' (settler is not an available option for expansionist civs in my mod, just pioneer) and it crashes.
      "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

Comment

Did you make sure the folder and the .ini for the new unit is named correctly? The reason it's crashing is because the game can't find the graphics for the new unit. Go into Art/Units, then look for your unit folder and double check the paths listed in it's .ini file.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem
          Did you make sure the folder and the .ini for the new unit is named correctly? The reason it's crashing is because the game can't find the graphics for the new unit. Go into Art/Units, then look for your unit folder and double check the paths listed in it's .ini file.
          Renaming 'settler.ini' to 'pioneer.ini. did the trick! thanks!

btw I accidentally copied 2 pioneers. How do I remove units from a bic file!?!?

Comment

You'll have to get the hacked editor, over in the files area. It has Add/Delete buttons, unlike the default one.

Comment

Working...
            X