stacking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stacking?

I heard they enabled this in a recent patch. I haven't played the game since last year and is getting back into.

I just patch the latest version 1.21 i believe.

Anyone care to explain what stacking is? -- Is this placing one unit ontop of another? or combining healthpoints? blah? hehehe
    AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
    Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
    Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

None of the above.

The command is J. Just the hotkey, there is no graphic button. You activate a unit on the tile and hit J and then you will get a GOTO cursor.

All units of the SAME TYPE in that tile that are not fortified will move.

If you want to move another type you will have to activate a unit of that type.

All types move independently and must be ordered indepently.

If you want foritified units to move you must activate them before giving the command. Prior to 1.21f all units of the same type moved. Even units that were fortified or in ship or even in armies. That caused problems so now it is only active units.

If a unit that has used some or all of its movement be on a tile that you subsquently use the J group move comand on that partly moved unit will also get the command even if it can no longer move that turn. It will try to move the next turn.

It appears to me that the J command functions by assigning each unit of the same type on a tile a GOTO command just as if you had used the standard GOTO for each unit individually. Just as you can command a unit to make a move that takes twenty turns with the standard GOTO command you can now do that to all the active units of a type in a stack.

If you have some units in on tile with only partial moves remaining you will need to be carefull. If they have used all there movement they won't go anywhere till the next turn. All you need to do to cancel there GOTO command is to click on them just as you would an automated worker or a unit given the standard goto.

It best used late in the game when you may have twenty artillery units and twenty infanty on a single tile.

There that ought to about cover it.

Till the exansion pack which will give real stack movement allowing you to keep units of different type and speed together.

Comment

thank you Ethelred!
      AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
      Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
      Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

Comment

Working...
      X