starting locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting locations

i am interested in creating some map ideas i have and i need to know how i go about securing starting locations to specific civilizations. and help will be appreciated
    cogito ergo sum

SPQR

There's a Civilization Placement Tool knocking around somewhere - I think Gramphos made it
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

That ability isn't currently available in the editor, though it will be added in the next patch, I believe. That is tentatively dated for release in June. Until then, you'll have to use a third party utility. I believe there's another one kicking around besides Gramphos' as well. Sorry, I don't know the name of it.

Comment

Firaxis pretty much gave us a map/rules editor, but not a scenario editor. "Start Locations" are classified under 'scenario building' to be released in June as stated.
        "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Starting Locations

I've read and printed off and followed to the letter directions from both this forum and Civ Fanatics for using the CMT3 files, and other utitlities, to achieve correct starting locations. So far, no joy. I finally gave up because I was spending 90% of my preciously rare leisure time just trying to work out something that should have been a point and click option in the original game. I like Civ3, and started with CivI about 8 years ago. I'm not new to loading and using game editors, mods, etc., but this just seemed to kick my butt. Maybe my new virus protection is interfering with their use'; I don't know. I don't expect any answers to this post, and wouldn't have time to go try anything new anyways. I'm just waiting for the new patch with the promised scenario editor that will allow CSL. If that's a bust, Firaxis can forget about me buying the XP later this year. It's not worth it to me if I can't play from something at least approaching historically accurate starting locations. Sorry, I'm a history grad with a love for customization. That's why I fell in love with Civ to begin with. Several times lately I've gone back to playing Civ2 or even The Sims (sacrilege!)
          After a while, Civ3 gets boring and the map gets to be just another landscape that I can't relate to. Without playing with correct starting locations, playing on a world map just seems a little absurd to me. I'm not knocking anyone else's preferences. "What if" is always fun to explore, but I just don't get into switching civs' places of origin.
          Bummed out in Jax
          An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile,
          hoping it will eat him last.
          Winston Churchill

Comment

starting locations will be in the next version of the editor released in a couple of weeks(or a bit more than that)
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
              starting locations will be in the next version of the editor released in a couple of weeks(or a bit more than that)
              Do you know whether the auto-bombard will be in the next patch as well? Or will we have to wait for the XP?

Comment

Working...
              X