Another Crashed Game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Crashed Game.

I was trying to use the "builder" strategy, the whole culture bit, you know.

It's kinda fun to go completely off the wall from my traditional warmonger ways.

anyway, i picked my worst civ, England, on Arnes Europa map, with correct start positions, and i have a crash right as the gunpowder age is blossoming.

attached is a sav.
    Attached Files
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

just hit enter, i saved it right before i ended my turn (after it crashed the first time)
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

My PII-450 w/ 256 ram damn near died between turns, however she pulled through
      Attached Files

Comment

I downloaded and play it. Here is my system spects

PIII 550MHz 100Mhz Bus
        256MB 100MHz SDRAM (2x64 DIMM, 1x128DIMM)
        PNY GF2 200MX 32MB 2x AGP
        Turtle Beach Montego II Sound Card
        Windows XP Pro (Upgraded from Win98SE)

Drives:
        A: Floppy (D'uh)
        C: Main HD
        D: Seconday HD (Civ3 installed here)
        E: DVD-ROM
        F: CD-RW

The save did crash. I've always had problems with edited games. Everyone I made seemed to crash at some point. Completly random though. So I can't see the problem. I've tinker with it a little, see if there is some sort of unit that needs to be dispanded or somthing.
        I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

After ending the turn it took about 4 seconds 'til the next turn and then I saved (Like Jawa Jocky I guess).

Athlon 2000+
          VIA333KT
          512MB DDR266 RAM
          GF4
          Win98SE
          Attached Files

Comment

i tried both of them, but my game crashes when i try to load them.

thanks anyway guys.

Comment

Re: Another Crashed Game.

Originally posted by UberKruX
              I was trying to use the "builder" strategy, the whole culture bit, you know.

It's kinda fun to go completely off the wall from my traditional warmonger ways.

anyway, i picked my worst civ, England, on Arnes Europa map, with correct start positions, and i have a crash right as the gunpowder age is blossoming.

attached is a sav.
              hi ,

did the map move any files , like arts and so , ..........

have a nice day
              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by Thrawn05
                . . .The save did crash. I've always had problems with edited games. Everyone I made seemed to crash at some point. Completly random though. So I can't see the problem. I've tinker with it a little, see if there is some sort of unit that needs to be dispanded or somthing.
                Yes indeed. Another problem with Civ 3 and their inadequate editor.

The game desperately needs editing for playability, historical accuracy, and variety. But if you do it ofen crashes.

Usually, this deals with the Units folders in your Art folder. You have to have sound and art files for all units, and the .ini file has to be tinkered with, or so I hear.

Just another big hassle.

FIX THIS, FIRAXIS.

Comment

Originally posted by Coracle

Yes indeed. Another problem with Civ 3 and their inadequate editor.

The game desperately needs editing for playability, historical accuracy, and variety. But if you do it ofen crashes.

Usually, this deals with the Units folders in your Art folder. You have to have sound and art files for all units, and the .ini file has to be tinkered with, or so I hear.

Just another big hassle.

FIX THIS, FIRAXIS.
                  Another one is leader heads. I have a program that will make *.flc files, but this SOMETIMES causes the game to crash. Not enough to do ample testing on. I would like to find a fix for this first, as I want to be my own dictatorship.
                  I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Crashed for me.

The question is why didn't it crash for everyone? What modifictions go with the map?

It may be that Jawa Jocky and Todd Hawks have a better version of the mod than you do installed allready.

For instance with Marla's map if you downloaded the version from Civ3.com it would crash. They only had the map and the bic but not the special ship unit graphics. So as soon as someone tried to build the ship the game would crash. However if someone (me) tried testing the crashed save with the FULL install the game wouldn't crash.

I don't have the Arnes Europa map installed so its not suprising to me that it crashed. It looked like it crashed as soon as it did the last part of your turn. The land clearing is finished after you hit end turn and before the next civ goes. Thats allways struck me as odd but it does do that.

Comment

Hmm.... I don't have ANY mod installed. Just Civ3 and the 1.21 patch.

Sorry that the saved games don't work for you.

Comment

Working...
                      X