Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods to games being played

Hi all,

Can one make a mod to a game that is still being played? That is, can you mod a game
    (such as changing Optimal Number of Cities or renaming wonders) once you have started playing a game?

Note that I do not mean that Civ 3 is running, but that I have started a game, played it for awhile, saved it, shutdown Civ 3, edited the .bic file, restarted Civ 3, and reloaded the saved game.

I USED to be able to do this when I was using 1.07f ... but I recently upgraded to 1.21f and now it seems as if my changes do NOT take effect. I tested this by making lots of changes (such as renaming wonders, making temples "center of the empire", and some other stuff) , but it will not take effect in my current game. I wait at least a turn or two for the changes to take effect, but, alas, to no avail.

Its not possible with 1.21. As I understand it, some elements of the starting bic file are included with the saved game
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Yes - the bic rules are saved in the .SAV file, so you won't see any changes until you start a new game.
      Up the Irons!
      Rogue CivIII FAQ!
      Odysseus and the March of Time
      I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Working...
      X