Civ 3 CD Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ 3 CD Not Working

I've been playing Civ 3 quite a lot lately and something strange happened the other day. After playing for about an hour my Cd-rom drive started making strange noises then my computer crashed. When I rebooted and got back to windows I tried loading Civ 3, but instead of loading I got the error message "No CD in drive". I used explorer to try to load right off the CD but instead of seeing the regular Civ 3 files on the CD all windows recognized was some single 22 kB audio file. Needless to say this was a bit strange so I took the cd out and noticed a large crack running from the inside of the cd right out to the outside. So it seems my cd is no longer gonna be in working order. My question is:

1) Does Infrogrames/Fireaxis replace cd's for a small fee (not the cost of the game itself) if I can provide all the necessary proofs of ownership.

OR

2) Am I going to have to go down to the local EB and buy another copy?

Thanks

1) Does Infrogrames/Fireaxis replace cd's for a small fee (not the cost of the game itself) if I can provide all the necessary proofs of ownership.

if you ask them nicelly, i bet they will
    Usualy it's free , you will have to pay the shipping costs though i guess

as long as can proove you've got yhe genuine article offcourse
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

In the meantime, pick up the cd-less .exe so you can continue playing .
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Working...
      X