City Govenor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City Govenor

I have set all my cities to emphasize Production and Commerce, but my automatic workers insist on irrigating instead of building mines. Am I missunderstanding how this works, and is there a way to prevent this?

Yes there is way to stop that. Don't automate your workers. Thats it. The governors don't appear to affect how the workers make improvements.

I strongly recommend handling your workers manually at least in the early game. On a standard map this isn't tedious most of the time. Later in the game I automate some or even most of the workers. Especially after I have most of the Rail network up. Even then I keep a team of manual workers ready to do special jobs.

Automate with SHIFT-A not A. That way they won't go around changeing improvements, they will only make new ones. If I have a load of jungle to deal with I will set some workers to automaticly cut the jungle but that tends to be slow since they never use more than two automated workers on anything except pollution.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      Thats what I was afraid of, it just takes so much time to manually tell my workers what to do, I was hoping the city governors would help out, but I guess not.

Comment

Working...
      X