Civilization Invisible!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilization Invisible!

I've conquered all civilizations but for some reason I can not find the last city of the final civ. I have gone over the entire map with a microscope but I can not find the Persians. I can have a dialog with them but they are nowhere to be found. I am even told I have a spy but I am unable to conduct espionage. Any suggestions are welcome since I'd like to see the victory scenes. I allowed only conquest victory and the year is 2044, six years short of mandatory retirement.

They probably have a settler somewhere on a ship. A Civ is only destroyed when there are neither cities nor settlers left.

If you have the capabilities to do so in six turns do a search for a ship, normally near a coast.

Other than that... if you cannot spy to locate the ship I don't know what you could do. Of course you can just use one of those savegame analyzer programs to check where this settler is. Look in the files forum for one of those.

Comment

It does sound like the Persians got a settler out to sea on a ship. They could have one wandering around on land as well. They won't plant a city if they can't find a place that isn't clear of foreign controll.

What version of the game are you using? Prior to 1.21f if you do find the ship and sink it you will crash the game. I take it you have turned of Domination as a victory condition. About all you can do is find the settler and be sure you are using the 1.21f patch before you kill it.

About those victory scenes. You haven't played many games yet have you? There is only one victory movie. That is for the Space Race victory. The rest just give you a brag screen where the other civs complain about getting their collective ass kicked.

Comment

there's another win screen for diplomatic victory - your portrait is in the center, and your face has lipstick kissy-marks all over. and the other leaders are saying things like "good show, old boy!" and congratulating you on your coolness.
        drones to the left of me, spartans to the right - here i am, stuck in the middle with yang

Comment

So thats what those lipstick covered pictures are for. I have never won by diplomatic victory. Twice by Domination and the rest by Space Race.

Comment

thanx for your replies--I thought I was going crazy. I still have 20 or so ships/subs that I will send out looking for those swine in a boat. It will be my pleasure to send them to the bottom of the sea, since All of the coast on the entire map is occupied by my mighty yet humble empire. I must have a domination problem since I only allow for conquest victories!!!!

Comment

Don't forget you need the 1.21f patch, or the game'll crash. Damn, That used to drive me nuts. Thank god they fixed it.
              Up the Irons!
              Rogue CivIII FAQ!
              Odysseus and the March of Time
              I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Working...
              X