MAP: Ultimate Map of Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for working that out Spiffor.
    And thanks dervish, I'm glad you like the map. I must give most of the credit for the map to Aanar, since he designed most of it, but I tweaking things to work better.

To play with standard rules, just load up the .BIC file into the editor, then check off "use standard rules" under one of the menus (I forget which one). That will allow you to use the map only, without the mod changes.

Comment

To play with standard rules, just load up the .BIC file into the editor, then check off "use standard rules" under one of the menus

This is handy to know.

Sean.
      "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
      --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

could you post the fixed BIC file here?
        my edutor is not working for some reason.
        Crashes every time I try to edit anything.

Comment

Final version now up. Check the orange text in the first post for details.

Comment

I took on a very very similar project to fix this map except never posted it.

Did you give Germany more cows? I felt this was important because Poland beating up on Germany was stupid. Germany is way too weak if you don't help them. In the last game I played before I added those cows, German spearmen fought bravely against Austrian and Polish tanks. (They were up to gunpowder but didn't have iron or saltpeter. ) So not only were they small, but they had no strategic resources.

I need to weaken Egypt more. Maybe I'll add Israel like you did.

Did you get rid of the UUs? Poland with Samurai seems pretty stupid...

Also, Arabia and Italy - Italy should have Italian, not Roman city names. Same with Arabia.
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Technically, it's only a map mod, not a game mod, so I'm not obligated to change the Arab/Italian stuff. I'll look into it though.

Not sure which exact changes I made to the map itself as far as resources go... it's been a while since I worked on it, but now that I'm using it again for my Napoleon Scenario I'll probably take another look and release another version one day.

Comment

Working...
              X