\Art\resource.pcx - what is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• \Art\resource.pcx - what is it?

File with 75 icons for extra(?) resources. Located in positions totally different from resources.pcx
    What is it?
    CiviPort

It looks as the icons used on early screenshots, so it's probably an old set.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

It's another proof, that Infogreed forced Firaxis to release an unfinished product...

Comment

I belive they included it for moders to take images from. It's a good thing it's there.

Comment

Indeed.
          I've used quite a few of the graphics which I much prefer over the default... i.e. cattle, iron, gold, aluminum, coal, saltpeter, and maybe others I can't think of.

Comment

Sure, but in the original game, there was a limit of 24 resources and in the V1.21 still is a limit of 36 resources. So... when it was for modders, why was adding resources not suported?

but anyway, I agree with you: it's a great thing it IS there.

Comment

You can always change the resources for a mod

Comment

Okey you got me there Well, let's say, whatever the reason of this file is, it's good that it is there.

Comment

I was wondering the same question yesterday. Now, I find the answer, thank you for the information.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
                    I belive they included it for moders to take images from. It's a good thing it's there.
                    If I add new resources, do they need to be included in this file? Any additional help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Nope, this file dows nothing.It just is some old graphics of the game that was invluded with the CD.

Comment

Working...
                      X