Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import BIC Rules into a Saved Game?

Is this possible?

I have a new Scenario with updated rules and I want to apply it to a saved gamed that I am currently playing.... Is it possible for me to do this? Or do I have to start a new game all over again and lose my progress (as well as the AI's progress)?

Consider me a n00b on this...I am just now getting into scenario building.

Any Ideas? Thanks in advance.
    ==================
    Mike

brainslushy@alliedrangers.com

IIRC, patch 1.21f saves bic file info in the saved game. Sorry, you're out of luck this time.

Comment

Well, it's kind of possible, but involves HEX editing. (I hope to have it as an option in the next version of C3MT)

But even if you manage to import the rules it's not sure that the game will work, as some rule changes makes the save incompatible.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

But if you don't add units or resources it will work...

Gramphos if you can make that we can correct bad saves (as i am mod creator i think about that in first).
        Ralendil

Comment

Originally posted by Ralendil
          But if you don't add units or resources it will work...

Gramphos if you can make that we can correct bad saves (as i am mod creator i think about that in first).
          I don't know all that changes with BIC changes... and it would involve large editing of the save to do so, but I could probably make it work with a changed number of buildings. However, I don't know when the CNSL error comes.

Comment

Oh, and first I plan to finish just plain import. It involves many changes to the code, to keep the tool compatible with files where the rules are not included. (Right now it does not write back the rules, but if I change it to do so I'd have to change it to not mix Civ3Mod with Saved rules)

Comment

Errors CNSL

I can say to u I have made tests by past

There's error when you add or delete something. You can change all value, all names but you can't add or delete something from your BIC file.

But if we can't add or delete something it isn't unuseless cause as I said we can repair saves that cause crash in the game.
              Ralendil

Comment

Re: Errors CNSL

I can say to u I have made tests by past

There's error when you add or delete something. You can change all value, all names but you can't add or delete something from your BIC file.

But if we can't add or delete something it isn't unuseless cause as I said we can repair saves that cause crash in the game.
                Repair in what way?

Comment

Luxury bug
                  I don't know an another bug but for my mod it was the luxury bug.(and for some other mod)

But after reflexion it will be too long (in time) for the result making this feature into your tool.
                  Ralendil

Comment

Luxury bug
                    I don't know an another bug but for my mod it was the luxury bug.(and for some other mod)

But after reflexion it will be too long (in time) for the result making this feature into your tool.
                    Nah, it\s on my todo list, its just a mattter of priority. I currently have a new member on highest priority, together with improvement of the civilopedia editor. (to edit pediaicons.txt (I can load it now))

Comment

Is there any way that someone could do one nice custom program, which could be used to import some BIC-files ruels to saved game?

Could help MODing community a lot.

Comment

Working...
                      X