Fortresses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fortresses

It says in the manual that units in forts can take shots at passing enemy units. How exactly do you get them to do that?

Units that are in Fortresses automatically have a Zone of Control (ZOC). If an enemy unit passes THROUGH a ZOC (from 1 adjacent tile to another adjacent tile), your units get a free shot at them.

It may be that you have to be FORTIFIED in the fort to have the automatic ZOC.

You only see evidence of the ZOC being exercised if the ZOC attack is SUCCESSFUL. This was a Firaxis decision so you would not spend a long time watching failed ZOC attacks. I have never seen more than 1-HP inflicted.

In a ZOC attack, the defender's strength is doubled (or attacker's is halved, I don't remember). This is to simulate the defender moving. [I strongly disagree with this; as you built the fort, you knew the terrain and arranged the fort complex accordingly -- especially applicable in industrial/modern ages].

Comment

Yeah - fortresses should be more useful
      Up the Irons!
      Rogue CivIII FAQ!
      Odysseus and the March of Time
      I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Working...
      X