New big resource images coming soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New big resource images coming soon

I think the resource images are too hard to see sometimes. So I've made them bigger, and made a bunch of new ones for a mod I'm working on. I'm not done yet, but this is what I have so far:

By way of comparison, here's how the standard ones look:

The shadows will be moved into their own file when I'm all finished. All resources will have all their artwork complete when I'm done, such as the civilopedia files like this one:

The new resources are:

Timber, Copper, Seal, Walrus, Crab, Salt, Sheep, Fruit, Oasis, Gems

Any more must haves I should do?

Best darn Resources I have seen! Can't wait for the release!

I hate it when I have coal in the Jungle - REALLY hard to see and when you do it looks like rat pellets.....
    Get 84 Resources, 96 Resources, or the NEW 153 Resources! Get Rockier Bonus Grassland versions1.0 or 2.0! Get My Mix of Snoopy and Womocks early terrain! Get Varied Goody Huts!
    Upcoming Mods - Optimator (with over 1000 new units!!!) & Godzilla, Revenge of the Kaiju!
    I am in dire need of new dino and Kaiju units!

Comment

Very nice. Dont we already have gems? And altho important, is salt rare enough to be considered a real resource?

Comment

Yes,
        There already is a Gems, but I had a raw graphic that looked great and was very easy to convert, so why not? People can have more than one type of gem, for instance Diamonds and Gems.

Salt has been an extremely important trading commodity since caveman times, since if you don't have enough of it, you die. Down through recent times too - recall Ghandi's famous walk to the sea to make salt (one of India's most important industries at the time). Not much transcontinental salt trade though, so its better as a bonus resource. Found mostly in the desert and seashore, so that fills a good void.

By the way, there shouldn't be any coal in the jungle in the first place. I can't think of any example of those two going together in this world.

Comment

Those looks great.
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Here's a quick and dirty version of these resources. Please try it out in the game, and if I don't hear any problems I'll start a new thread as a completed mod. You'll have to edit your own bic and text files to make this work.

I did four more resources: Tobacco, Coffee, Sugar, and Marble. That's all I'm likely to do.

Harlans Resources

By the way, what would be cool is if someone could write civilopedia entries for each of the extra resources. Then modmakers would be really set. Anyone care to volunteer for that?
            Last edited by Harlan; May 8, 2002, 07:36.

Comment

They sure look good.

Once you start a new thread; attach the file in the first post.
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I just added parts of these to OH 2.0. Awesome work!
                Get 84 Resources, 96 Resources, or the NEW 153 Resources! Get Rockier Bonus Grassland versions1.0 or 2.0! Get My Mix of Snoopy and Womocks early terrain! Get Varied Goody Huts!
                Upcoming Mods - Optimator (with over 1000 new units!!!) & Godzilla, Revenge of the Kaiju!

Comment

Hi Amesjustin,
                  Glad you and Gramphos like. What's OH 2? Have you tried them out and they actually work in the game? I noticed purple lines showing up when I opened them in the editor, but not in the game - I can't quite figure out what's going on there (so I haven't formally posted this as a modpack yet).

Comment

OverHaul 2 - my next modpack. The only one that I noticed the purple lines on was the Ivory - I just figured I had cut and pasted badly (I cut some of your pics out and put them in my own Resources.PCX). Below is a map cutout using all 36 resources. This is obviously a made map, but they all show on generated ones. They seem to work fine, but the bic crashes when you enter city screen. Could be another one of my changes....

-Justin
                    Attached Files

Comment

Haven't heard of OH1 - where can I see that?

Nice pic. However, if you use mine with others, you might want to enlarge some of the others, cos you get a wierd big and small mix. Look at the Seal and the Cattle you have there for instance - it looks like the Seal might accidentally crush the Cattle.

Comment

Overhaul is here in the Files forum. I noticed the size difference, too - just haven't had time to play with it.

Comment

I also had problems with the lines... The problem is that the color used for the dividers in the PCX file are not a transparent color. You may notice the difference when comparing Harlan's resources with the originals. All you gotta do is open the original resources in photoshop, use the pippette to take the border color there, open Harlan's resources, past them over the original, and make the lines the right color. That worked for me...

Comment

Hi,
                            The resources mod is now complete, with lots of new stuff. The graphical glitch ShadowFlame speaks of is now fixed. You can check it out here:

Comment

Working...
                            X