This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ3Edit Run time error

I am hoping somebody can help me out here fairly quickly. I haven't had a response from Infogrames yet and I am getting a little antsy to use this.

I am trying to use some new leaderheads and such. But in order to use them I have to modify my bic file to have the correct leader names and such...no problem.

When I start the Civ3Edit.exe I get an error message box titled "Microsft Visual C++ Runtime Library".

The error text is "Runtime Error!"....the path of where I have Civ3, and "abnormal program termination".

I am using Windows 2000 and version 1.21F of Civ3.

I am sure that I am probably just missing some Microsoft files, but I haven't a clue which ones or where to start looking.

Any help would be appreciated.

I found the answer....

I found the answer on CivFanatics.com after I posted this...

I installed the game to my C: drive (C:\Civ3). However, I moved it to another location so that I could keep all of my games under one directory (C:\Games\Civ3).

After I applied the patch to go to 1.21f the editor stopped working. Although it patched the correct location, it didn't change my registry settings for everything. So it was still looking at the original C:\Civ3 for files and such. I ended up doing a reinstall to my new desired location, copied all of my mods and downloads to the new loaction and the editor runs fine...

Comment

I better close this thread befotre it become a spam feast... (If any spamers finds their way to my forums... )
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
      X