breaking treaties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• breaking treaties

How do you break a treaty before the 20 turn period is up? I accidentally agreed to a MPP because I hit the wrong button.

Can you break other treaties too without declaring war? Right of passage, MPP, trade....

Thanks,
    Jim

No, you have to declare war to break a treaty. There's no way to re-negotiate until the 20 turns are over.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucilla
      No, you have to declare war to break a treaty. There's no way to re-negotiate until the 20 turns are over.
      So is there any way to know how much longer a treaty is going to last if you don't know when the 20 turns started?

Comment

Open up a dialogue with the leader in question, say "I want to propose a deal". At the bottom of the middle (main box) is a link saying "active". Click on this: it shows all the treaties, trades and agreements between the two nations.
        Up the Irons!
        Rogue CivIII FAQ!
        Odysseus and the March of Time
        I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

One thing you need to know:
          If the treaty is younger than 20 turns, you will notice the number of remaining turns in brackets at the active treaties screen.
          If it's older than 20 turns, that does not automatically mean, that it becomes invalid. If the counterpart thinks, that the treaty is still useful, it won't cancel it. But you can then click on the active treaty and re-negotiate or cancel it yourself. Once you have re-negotiated, the 20 turns start again.
          Took me quite some time to figure that one out myself...

Comment

Working...
          X