Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilization Will Not Uninstall!

interesting

so you are trying to revert to 1.17? or are you trying to get rid of it all together?

What operating system are you using?

In my control panel, (MS XP), i can remove each patch individually. Did you try this?

(slaps face) What if you just tried applying the previous patch. I think that would replace the newer stuff with the older. Maybe that would work.

maybe you should just delete all the files manually?
    I don't really know what to do other than this. maybe someone else will know something.

atw has a few good suggestions.

1. Delete the Civ directory. Then reinstall and patch to the version you prefer.

But first try 2. Run the patch you prefer over the patch you don't like.

However, it sounds to me as if things may have been pooched by your earlier thrashing about. The delete directory option might be the best thing to try now.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

loser
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

This is interesting.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
          atw has a few good suggestions.

1. Delete the Civ directory. Then reinstall and patch to the version you prefer.

But first try 2. Run the patch you prefer over the patch you don't like.

However, it sounds to me as if things may have been pooched by your earlier thrashing about. The delete directory option might be the best thing to try now.
          Yes, delete or rename the directory. I uninstalled the patches and Civ3 for a complete restart. When I re-installed Civ3 with the same directory name, for some reason I had every existing file such as save game files still in place. I did another reinstall with a different folder/directory name and only then did everything come up clean.
          John Heidle

Comment

In your earlier efforts something most likely got mangled in your registry.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)

Comment

this has already been discussed in the Help Section here
              Up the Irons!
              Rogue CivIII FAQ!
              Odysseus and the March of Time
              I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

It won't uninstall because the game is designed to automatically download the XP when it comes out. It taps into your bank account at the same time and withdraws money equal to the purchase price.

(sorry - I just came from the "I smell a conspiracy . . . " thread.)

Comment

It's a conspiracy to not let us unitstall Civ III. Delete the folder.
                  Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
                  Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Working...
                  X