Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can anyone help me to figure out why my game is crashing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can anyone help me to figure out why my game is crashing?

okay w/ this thread im gonna post my current save of 1625bc that as soon as the next turn starts win xp lets me know that 'civ3.exe has crashed'. never had any problems like this.
    Attached Files
    Remember kids: The higher your post count or the faster your computer, the larger your penis!

here is the .bic i'm using. its marla's map w/ a few changes. there's only one civ on north & s america (me in the SAV), i made cruise missiles an air unit, and eliminated barbarians. can someone give it a look & tell me if maybe i did illegal sh*t that confuses the game? thanx.
    Remember kids: The higher your post count or the faster your computer, the larger your penis!

Comment

here's more:

AppName: civilization3.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: civilization3.exe
      ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00003056

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

post your bic as a .zip file and I will take a look at it. The way I see it either you did screw something up beyond all repair or Civ3 may not be win XP compatible. Do any other civ3 games crash?
        Get 84 Resources, 96 Resources, or the NEW 153 Resources! Get Rockier Bonus Grassland versions1.0 or 2.0! Get My Mix of Snoopy and Womocks early terrain! Get Varied Goody Huts!
        Upcoming Mods - Optimator (with over 1000 new units!!!) & Godzilla, Revenge of the Kaiju!
        I am in dire need of new dino and Kaiju units!

Comment

no, no other civ 3 games crash. Just about ANY game released w/in the last year is going to be win xp compatible, civ 3 being a good example. I don't have the bic, i unistalled and reinstalled civ 3 but that didnt work.

Comment

??? reinstalling the game didn't help???? when you uninstalled, did you delete EVERYTHING in the Civ3 folder before reinstalling?
            Get 84 Resources, 96 Resources, or the NEW 153 Resources! Get Rockier Bonus Grassland versions1.0 or 2.0! Get My Mix of Snoopy and Womocks early terrain! Get Varied Goody Huts!
            Upcoming Mods - Optimator (with over 1000 new units!!!) & Godzilla, Revenge of the Kaiju!

Comment

yep.

Comment

I don't know what to say. You're screwed. Try to get a refund or a new PC.

Comment

Is it something with Marla Map not being compatible with a newer patch yet or something, - else I do not know.

Load the map up in the Editor ( I have not had any time to try anything with Civ III until Finals are done) and see if the map needs to be saved by the newest version of the editor or game to be compatible with the newest patch.

May have something to do with that.

Comment

Working...
                  X