Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can you have 2 civ3s installed on same pc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you have 2 civ3s installed on same pc?

Has anyone found a way to do this? When I try it wants to remove the current version first.

Re: can you have 2 civ3s installed on same pc?

Originally posted by Rusty Nail
    Has anyone found a way to do this? When I try it wants to remove the current version first.
    that would be a bigamy of sorts

Comment

Bigamy? This is standard procedure with civ2, and most other games as well. No big deal. Very practical if you are running mods.

Comment

You should be able to under a different directory.
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

wuz kidding, relax

Comment

Tuberski. Try it and let me know how you get along. I never get that far. Only to the choice of whether I want to DELETE the existing program or not. I assume this means that it willl only install in a new directory if I first delete the existing program. If I answer "no" then the program ends.

Comment

Even just changing the directory to soemthing like "Tinfogrames" means you fool the installer. I still have two versions somewhere, for some reason..
              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Re: Re: can you have 2 civ3s installed on same pc?

Originally posted by Tassadar5000

Why not just copy the directory to a different place? Thats what I've done.

I have Civ3 v1.17F in C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III, a Civ3 (no patches) on C:\Windows\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III, and a Civ3 v1.21F in C:\Windows\Desktop. I just create a shortcut to the CivilizationIII.EXE files for each one, and then rename them like

"Civilization 117" "Civilization Original" "Civilization 121"

And I just double click the version I want to play.
                I can verify this works, at least if you have 2 hard drives...
                Get 84 Resources, 96 Resources, or the NEW 153 Resources! Get Rockier Bonus Grassland versions1.0 or 2.0! Get My Mix of Snoopy and Womocks early terrain! Get Varied Goody Huts!
                Upcoming Mods - Optimator (with over 1000 new units!!!) & Godzilla, Revenge of the Kaiju!
                I am in dire need of new dino and Kaiju units!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: can you have 2 civ3s installed on same pc?

Originally posted by Tassadar5000

I only have one hard drive, and it works fine. All you have to do is copy your Civ directory to someplace else on your computer, and then link to its .EXE file.
                  Well there you go!

I hadn't tried it but knew the dual HD worked!
                  Get 84 Resources, 96 Resources, or the NEW 153 Resources! Get Rockier Bonus Grassland versions1.0 or 2.0! Get My Mix of Snoopy and Womocks early terrain! Get Varied Goody Huts!
                  Upcoming Mods - Optimator (with over 1000 new units!!!) & Godzilla, Revenge of the Kaiju!
                  I am in dire need of new dino and Kaiju units!

Comment

Working...
                  X