Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRAPHIC: Harlan's Wonder Splashes

Hi,
    Inspired by the work of Che Palle and Mizaq as well as others, I decided to make my own series of wonder splashes for the standard wonders of the game.

Here are several examples:

and here is the zip:

Bonus points to anyone who can figure out where I got the Iron Works graphic from.

I will soon follow this with wonder splashes of wonders not used in the game.

Hmm. If those links aren't working, try these:

Harlan's Wonder Splashes
    Last edited by Harlan; May 2, 2002, 03:36.

Comment

seen that pic before but I just can't place it right now.

Comment

Cool, I'll try these out now

(as soon as they finish downloading, stupid dial-up modems )
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Also,
          Here are the raw files:

Blank Wonder Splashes 1

Blank Wonder Splashes 2

Comment

Finally, here are some splashes for wonders not in the standard game. I believe there are 76 different ones. I hope this helps people in making their mods. A few of the images are from the Double Your Pleasure mod.

Here are a couple of examples:

Cristo Redentor Statue:

The Temple of Luxor:

And here are the zips:

New Wonder Splashes 1

New Wonder Splashes 2

New Wonder Splashes 3

New Wonder Splashes 4

They're all in .jpg format, saved at the highest setting. So they need to be converted to .pcx before they can be used in the game.

Any important wonders I missed?
            Last edited by Harlan; May 2, 2002, 07:52.

Comment

are these the same ones already hosted on your website?

Comment

No. There is some overlap, but most of these are new. And there are some images on the website not included here (cos they're related to improvements, not wonders). Those will be in a possible future modpack, if people find this one useful.

Comment

Red Alert! That big power plant, isn't it?

Comment

Nope. I'll give a clue though. I had to airbrush out a pig from the image, which obviously would seem out of place. I can't believe nobody's figured it out!

(This is regarding my comment earlier in the thread: "Bonus points to anyone who can figure out where I got the Iron Works graphic from.")

Comment

It's from one of those Pink Floyd album covers, isn't it?
                      Whew! I'm back and ready to start writing again.
                      Coming soon: Pax America Redux (Including concepts/civs from Conquests)

Comment

Yep, Centauri, its from Pink Floyd's Animals album cover.

Question: I'm converting other wonder images in the game to match these wonder splashes. For instance, the wonder images in the civilopedia. However, I can't find the files for the tiny images of what's in your city build queue, and what you've already built. Anyone know what folder they're in?

Comment

I now have a part 2 of sorts to this mod. Additional images of all the wonders for the civilopedia, not just the wonder splash.

For instance, with the Forbidden City:

The large one is the wonder splash, the second largest is for the Forbidden City civilopedia entry, and the smallest one is for the civilopedia index.

Unload the contents of the below zip file into the Civ3/Art/Civilopedia/Icons/Buildings/ folder for them to display correctly.

Here's the zip:

Harlan's Wonder Splashes - Civilopedia art

Has anyone tried this out yet? If so, please let me know if you see any graphical glitches or other problems.
                          Last edited by Harlan; May 6, 2002, 06:13.

Comment

dammit you didn't have to give it away! As soon as you mentioned airbrushing out a pig I realized it was art from my favorite album ever. Animals by Pink Floyd. Dogs is my favorite song. THAT'S why this was bugging me so much. I haven't actually seen the insert for around a year so it wasn't exactly fresh in my mind (it's a busy week where I don't listen to Dogs at least once).

Comment

Why'd you take the pig out?

Comment

Working...
                              X