can't build barracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't build barracks

why can't I build a barracks on another continent? I can build it in cities on my home continent but not an offshore one.

That's weird...have you modded it? Have you built Sun Tzu's?

Comment

no mod. Monarch level, small map, regular game. No Sun Tzu (I shouldn't need one - I believe).

Comment

Thing is - if you'd built Sun Tzu'son this 2nd continent, that would explain why you were able to build barracks on the 2nd but not the 1st, since all your 2nd continent cities already have one. However, you don't have Sun Tzu's, so I'm stumped. You say no mod, but did you alter the rules yourself, using civedit?
        Up the Irons!
        Rogue CivIII FAQ!
        Odysseus and the March of Time
        I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Are they cities you have built or cities you've taken over. Have you looked to see if they are already built?
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Superb logic Tube! Yes, I've taken over the cities and the barracks were sitting right in them. Duh. I have gotten into the habit of shift clicking on cities to give build orders. I rarely look in the city itself due to force of habit.
            Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ak
              Superb logic Tube! Yes, I've taken over the cities and the barracks were sitting right in them. Duh. I have gotten into the habit of shift clicking on cities to give build orders. I rarely look in the city itself due to force of habit.
              Thanks.

Not a problem!

I've been there before as well!

Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
              X