The Numbers next to Government

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Numbers next to Government

I have noticed that there are some numbers next to my Government in the main map Info Box.

It has been: Democracy (0.10.0)

I then ticked off France by trying to plant a spy.
    My numbers then went to: Democracy (1.9.0)

What do these mean, I haven't been able to track this down in the manual or anywhere.

Thanks.

They are (times 10) your tax/science/luxury rate, so 0.10.0 means you have your science rate set at 100%

Comment

thanx guys , I've been wondering this myself , but kept forgetting to ask
      You cant have any pudding if you dont eat your meat !

Comment

Thank you.

I did have my science at 100%
        I started doing some tech whoring about 100 years ago so I am at 1820 with science maxed out and I am still having $300+ come into my treasury.

Germany is giving $160/turn for motorized transportation.

Comment

ok - what difficulty level are you playing at? I'm at Deity and I can't get the AI to pay any amount of gold per turn for anything!
          They'd rather pay 500 gold one-off than 5 gold/turn!
          Up the Irons!
          Rogue CivIII FAQ!
          Odysseus and the March of Time
          I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

I believe that I am playing at...Regent.

I am new to Civ so I thought I would go easy since I wanted to choose a huge map, and see how things went.

I have noticed that they will not accept $x per turn for things, but they do like $500 one off.
            I traded Egypt for rubber, and she would not accept any $ per turn for it.
            I understand this to be based on their fear (or intention) of a state of war with me.

When it comes to what they will offer, though, I believe this has to do with the state of their economy at the time of the proposed trade. The Iroquois used to trade me $70/$80 per turn for advances, but after they got into a tussle with Germany, China, and a few others they had no resources for such a trade.

Comment

Working...
            X