my peeps don't love me? :*(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my peeps don't love me? :*(

i've finished my china game and accidentally won a diplomatic victory in 1989 (d'oh - well, it was my first time finishing civ3) . i had all the cultural improvements, and my people were celebrating "we love the chairman day" all over the place. why did they never offer to expand my palace??? i felt so unloved.

what is the criteria for having your people expand your palace? is there a formula? or am i just a sucky chairman?
    drones to the left of me, spartans to the right - here i am, stuck in the middle with yang

That happened to me once , I was playing the tutorial and they never offered me an upgraded Palace. Were you playing a tutorial?

Comment

Are you using patch 1.21? I'm having the same problem, I'm playing as the French (wait, that might explain it right there ) and I'm in the middle of the industrial age. I'm number one in points, I've had my golden age, I've built many wonders, I've won many battles, created a couple of Leaders, etc. And I'm playing on Regent. My people have offerred to upgrade my palace exactly once. Is 1.21 more stingy about palace upgrades than before, or have I figured out how to disable something? I've turned the Space race victory condition off. I'd hope those two are unrelated, but I've written enough software in my day to know that the law of unintended consequences, along with Murphy, is in full effect.
      Where are we going? And why are we in this handbasket?

Comment

Well, someone pointed out somewhere (Help forum, I think) that there was a bug with the upgrade palace thing. Sometimes, the upgrade only happen once. It seems like you have to go manually to the palace screen (F9 key or using the button on the info box) and then upgrade the palace using any of the available styles. Then the next upgrade will be automatic.

Bella Hella: cool website.
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

AAAACK! it's happening to me with the greeks, too!!! i'm gonna try the F9 thing. this whole time i thought it was because i was china, and i guess as a commie i wasn't supposed to have a palace (although we were actually a democracy).

i wonder, if i access it through F9, will my "back upgrades" be available, or will it start the whole thing out from the pile of stones and i'll just have to go from there?

another question about this. at what point do they offer to upgrade your palace? is it truly random, or do you have to have x amount of happy citizens and x amount of cities celebratin "we love the king day" simultaneously?

alexnm - glad you like the website! i didn't even know it was still up! LOL
          drones to the left of me, spartans to the right - here i am, stuck in the middle with yang

Comment

what's the website?
            Up the Irons!
            Rogue CivIII FAQ!
            Odysseus and the March of Time
            I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Originally posted by zulu9812
              what's the website?
              This one

As for the palace thing, I don't know if your past upgrades remain active, but I guess so. The bug is apparently linked to the trigger mechanism.

I also would like to know how the game calculates when is the moment to upgrade the palace, since doing so is one of the few rewards that Civ3 throws out at the player, with respect to bells and whistles...

Comment

Thanks
                Up the Irons!
                Rogue CivIII FAQ!
                I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Yes, the past upgrades remain intact. I rarely even upgrade the palace anymore. But when I do, I get to put in ALL previous upgrades that I haven't already done.
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

To be honest, I find that pop-up really annoying and I wish I had the option to turn it on/off.
                    Up the Irons!
                    Rogue CivIII FAQ!

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm
                      Well, someone pointed out somewhere (Help forum, I think) that there was a bug with the upgrade palace thing. Sometimes, the upgrade only happen once. It seems like you have to go manually to the palace screen (F9 key or using the button on the info box) and then upgrade the palace using any of the available styles. Then the next upgrade will be automatic.
                      hm... well, i tried F9 last night and it didn't work. it just showed my little pile of stones that should really be a big sprawling palace by now. i didn't have the option to upgrade it. the other thing is, i've never actually had the option to upgrade it in this game. so it seems to be a different problem than the upgrading only happening once.

perhaps i need to install prior patches or something?

personally i really like expanding the palace. it's a nice little reward when you're doing well. i get all excited when they offer to expand it (i know, i'm a dork).

Comment

Umm... are you playing the game with the newest patch? It could be a bug in the original version, I dunno...

i get all excited when they offer to expand it
                        This is a very curious sentence, Bella...

Comment

I've seen the same problem as Bella has, and I'm using 1.21f. I never have been offered to upgrade my palace. One time, when I pressed F9, there was an upgrade waiting, I was surprised, and just clicked on the terrain once. I've been back to the F9 screen several times, and no more upgrades are there. And I've had a pretty decent game.
                          Where are we going? And why are we in this handbasket?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm

This is a very curious sentence, Bella...
                            uh... oops.

Comment

Working...
                            X